Room for Rent and other rental scams
#58747 by Con Warner Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:22 pm
Date: 12 July, 2011 11:11
To: Con Warner
Subject: Re: $750 / 2br - CLEAN 2 BEDROOM BASEMENT SUITE OF NEWER HOME

Good to read from you on your interest on my apartment, which i am leasing out for rent

The apartment is still very much available for rent. Just to give you a little low down about the apartment and myself. I am a Swiss citizen, i inherited the apartment from my late father, being his only child. He was actually residing there only, until his death. Which is why i am offering the apartment for lease.I was brought up by my mother in spain and now she is late too but right now I am residing here in west africa with my fiance who is a spanish citizen working with Nigeria Port Authority. Who i am about getting married to in less than two months, and presently i am working in the Lagos University Teaching Hospital{LUTH} .

The flat is up for a total of $750 Per Month.you will discovered that the price we are offering is far below standard price, this is enough for you to know that we are not after the rental fee but the absolute care for the property. I just need someone with an open heart, love and clean to occupy the apartment and put all my worries off concerning the maintenance of the apartment for now.

The apartment comprises of two bedroom. Excellent condition inside. Good sized lounge, with a sofa, DVD player, stereo, and washing machine. Can sleep a max of 4, and ideal for family, couple and friends. The kitchen is fully equipped with all necessary cooking utensils

Just to let you know, the keys are right here with me. But there wouldn't be any problem with that. As it can be posted to you, after all necessary agreement has be reached and signed into lease. Also i will like you to know that viewing of the flat would not be possible now,but you can have an idea how the flat looks like inside with the current pictures of the interior decoration attached to this mail and also i will like you to know that the rent charges is not really an issue here , but your absolute maintenance of the apartment, because it is good to keep the property in good condition, just for the memories of my father. Who committed so much putting those facilities in place, so i wouldn't want an violation of my property if finally rented by you.

The Apartment is situated at 228 East 15th Street North Vancouver, BC V7L 2R3. As for the utilities, there are no outstanding bills. So you be paying the bills and starting the lease with a clean slate. The minimum lease term is 2 months, and a maximum of 4 years with a possibility of extension,so get back to me for the application form so that we can start the lease...

Kind Regards,
Julie

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union or MoneyGram with a promise that he will send the keys through a courier company.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement

#62057 by alstro Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:15 pm
Haha got the exact same message too. Person posted on Vancouver Craigslist for an 2 bedroom suite ad in Coquitlam for $700.

Patty Mandoza [email protected] to me

show details 11:42 AM (23 hours ago)

Good to read from you on your interest on my apartment, which i am leasing out for rent

The apartment is still very much available for rent. Just to give you a little low down about the apartment and myself. I am a Swiss citizen, i inherited the apartment from my late father, being his only child. He was actually residing there only, until his death. Which is why i am offering the apartment for lease.I was brought up by my mother in spain and now she is late too but right now I am residing here in west africa with my fiance who is a spanish citizen working with Nigeria Port Authority. Who i am about getting married to in less than two months, and presently i am working in the Lagos University Teaching Hospital{LUTH} .

The flat is up for a total of $700 Per Month.you will discovered that the price we are offering is far below standard price, this is enough for you to know that we are not after the rental fee but the absolute care for the property. I just need someone with an open heart, love and clean to occupy the apartment and put all my worries off concerning the maintenance of the apartment for now.

I spent less time in the city so I could not get a hold on any Realtor to handle this rent issue, although it was when I knew how long we are going to stay in Africa that I decided to rent out the house. However, the initial plan was to sale out the house. which I tried, but sometimes the agents inflates the price and it takes longer to sell i am telling you this in case if you find the apartment on another website, that is the old advert So I need a tenant to take care of it but since I am out of the city now and We do have a Realtor before but we had that the Realtor is not Trustworthy someone that was why we ask him to send us our keys down here because people keep calling us that the Realtor is inflating the price of the apartment at the market I have received some proposals regarding the rent because it is located in a very nice area, but I still have to make sure it is rented out to someone who can take good care of it

The apartment comprises of two bedroom. Excellent condition inside. Good sized lounge, with a sofa, DVD player, stereo, and washing machine. Can sleep a max of 4, and ideal for family, couple and friends. The kitchen is fully equipped with all necessary cooking utensils

Just to let you know, the keys are right here with me. But there wouldn't be any problem with that. As it can be posted to you, after all necessary agreement has be reached and signed into lease. Also i will like you to know that viewing of the flat would not be possible now,but you can have an idea how the flat looks like inside with the current pictures of the interior decoration attached to this mail and also i will like you to know that the rent charges is not really an issue here , but your absolute maintenance of the apartment, because it is good to keep the property in good condition, just for the memories of my father. Who committed so much putting those facilities in place, so i wouldn't want an violation of my property if finally rented by you.

The Apartment is situated at 544 Sydney Ave Coquitlam, BC V3K 3J7, Canada. As for the utilities, there are no outstanding bills. So you be paying the bills and starting the lease with a clean slate. The minimum lease term is 2 months, and a maximum of 4 years with a possibility of extension,so get back to me for the application form so that we can start the lease...

Kind Regards,
Patty