Room for Rent and other rental scams
#429976 by Michelle Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:14 am
Jenalie Monserate <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

I got your information from my friend, he helped me post my property on Facebook. Sorry for my late reply, but I was so busy at the office.

My name is Jenalie Monserate and I am the owner of the property at Koggestraat 11,1012 VE Amsterdam. I have decided to rent my property at a valid price of 990euro, including everything. I would like to let you know that I need a deposit of 2 months in advance (the first month's rent and 1 month's guarantee). Obviously the security deposit will be returned to you once the contract is finished.

I have a few questions:
- What is your name?
- What is your monthly income?
- What is your occupation?
- Have you ever lived in a rented apartment/house?
- How old are you?

If I do not get the answers to my questions, I will not answer any more .... Sorry, but it is very important for me to know some details about you.

Best regards,
Jenalie!

Jenalie Monserate <[email protected]> wrote:

Thank you very much for your message!

Being familiar with Airbnb, I think that the best solution is to use their platform to complete the rental transaction. Airbnb provides an online platform that connects hosts who have accommodations to rent with guests seeking to rent such accommodations.

Like any other transactions on Airbnb, they will handle payment and it will be released to me only after you check in. By any chance the apartment would not suit you, you have the option to cancel the reservation and get full refund.

Below I will explain step by step how the transaction with Airbnb works. To avoid any misunderstanding, please READ CAREFULLY THE FOLLOWING STEPS:

1. You need to send me the following details:

Full name:
Full address ( street, house number, zip code, city, country ).
Phone number/WhatsApp:
ID card or passport copy attached by email:

2. I will list the property on Airbnb ( now, is not listed to avoid other possible reservations );

3. I will send you the booking request to make the reservation and the deposit to Airbnb. They will withhold the money and pay it to me only 5 days after you sign the contract and settle in my property; If you change your mind for any reason and want to cancel the whole process, you can always do it, because the cancellation policy is available on Airbnb and you will get a full refund;

4. After you have done everything and Airbnb has confirmed the deposit that is in their custody, we will set the exact day for the meeting;

5. I will buy the tickets for the flight.

After receiving all the responses, I will contact you on whatsapp, I just want to be clear. Because I was disappointed once and I do not want to do it again, please do not misunderstand me, I just want to be safe and calm.

From my perspective, everything is safe, and the reward for going forward with this process is significant. My intention is to prevent travelling again for a potential tenant who in fact is not interested and makes me come for nothing!

Regards,
Jenalie!

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement