Room for Rent and other rental scams
#434358 by Michelle Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:28 am

Hello,

As I have another couple who are very interested in booking the apartment I need to know for sure if you are interested or not.
The monthly price is 690 EUR + 1380 EUR deposit, including all additional parking fees (water, heating, electricity, internet, TV licenses, etc.). Of course we have a normal rental contract according to German law, which is signed when the apartment is handed over.
I am in the Netherlands and applied to rent the property through the Airbnb platform. I always use Airbnb, the largest and most secure rental platform in the world, because it is a long-term rental with the possibility of registration. The apartment is insured 24 hours a day for damage to the apartment or any other damage that occurs in the apartment.
AIRBNB guarantees a secure transaction. You are not there to personally complete the transaction.
How the Airbnb process works:

- Register the transaction on Airbnb
- Transfer of a security deposit to Airbnb
- You meet with an Airbnb agent and tour the property
- You approve the property, sign the contract and move in
- Airbnb will match my payment

If you don't rent the apartment, Airbnb will refund your money within 24 hours.
Since it is a long-term rental, I have to register it with AIRBNB.
In order to start the AirBnb transaction, we need the following information from you:

- A copy of your identity card or passport
- Date you want to move in:
- The period for which you want to rent the property:
- Adult:
- Surname:
- Surname:
- phone number:

Once we have received your details, AIRBNB will email you the apartment offer (please check your spam folder).

I am waiting for your reply.

Heidrun Anije Bayer

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement