Room for Rent and other rental scams
#434941 by Michelle Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:39 pm
Felix Langer [email protected]

Kindly find the attached picture and the information about my apartment for your use. The apartment at 9 Danderydsgatan, Stockholm is situated 2km from the Museum of Medieval Stockholm. KTH Royal Institute of Technology and Army Museum are about 8 and 10 minutes walk respectively from the apartment.

It is a studio apartment. The room is equipped with an air-conditioner, bathroom and the living room is equipped with a flat-screen TV and sofas. Other highlights include washer/dryer, modern bathroom and tons of storage space.

Humlegården, KTH Library, Stockholm Stadium, Stockholm School of Economics, Royal College of Music, Stureplan, Stockholm Public Library, Stockholm Concert Hall, Cafe/bar Mr Cake, Restaurant Flying Fish, Stockholm Cathedral and Gröna Lund Amusement Park are landmarks within touching distance from the apartment.

Closest airports are Bromma Stockholm Airport and Stockholm Arlanda Airport which are 7km and 35km away from the apartment respectively.

PRICE OF THE STUDIO IS 8500 SEK/795 EURO( All bills are inclusive monthly)
SECURITY DEPOSIT IS 12750 SEK/1190 EURO( Refundable after the tenant returns the keys)

Best regards,
Felix Langer

Felix Langer [email protected]
The viewing of the apartment is possible but not at the moment. Dejan, my current tenant, is yet to return to Stockholm since leaving with his family for his home country due to the death of his father. He will only return to move out his belongings once his contract expires on the 15th of August, 2022. Attached is the recorded video tour of the apartment for you to have a better understanding of it.

If you wish to proceed, kindly forward your photo ID, proof of income, move-in and move-out dates to me. I will use the information to draft a rental agreement for you. It will be sent to you via mail. You will download, read through and sign it. The signed rental agreement will be sent back to me. First month rent and the security deposit will then be transferred immediately to secure the booking. I will be waiting to hear from you soon.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#437372 by Michelle Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:11 am
Felix Langer <[email protected]>

I would like to inform you that Anda and Markova will be your flatmates. They are 23 and 24 years old girls respectively from Latvia coming for an internship in February. You can reach out to them for familiarisation via email on [email protected] and [email protected].

The virtual viewing of the apartment is possible but not at the moment. Dejan, my current tenant, is yet to return to Copenhagen since leaving with his family for his home country due to his father's demise. He will only return to move out his belongings once his contract expires on the 25th of January, 2023. Attached is the recorded video tour of the apartment for you to have a better understanding of it.

If you wish to proceed, kindly forward your photo ID, proof of income, move-in and move-out dates to me. I will use the information to draft a rental agreement for you. It will be sent to you via mail. You will download, read through and sign it. The signed rental agreement will be sent back to me. First month rent and the security deposit will then be transferred immediately to secure the booking. I will be waiting to hear from you soon.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

#440011 by RenterCheck Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:18 pm
Got in contact with the same scammer:

"The apartment at 52 Houtstraat Nijmegen, Gelderland is situated just 10 minutes walk from Nijmegen Station and Nijmegen centre. Kronenburgerpark is less than 5 minutes from the apartment.

It is a two bedroom apartment. Each of the rooms is equipped with an air-conditioner, bathroom and the living room is equipped with a flat-screen TV and sofas. Othetpr highlights include washer/dryer, modern bathroom and tons of storage space.

Hunnerpark, Julianapark, Vondelpark, Thiemepark, Patersbosje, Stadswaard, Dichters Park, Grand Café Hotel Karel, Camelot, Historical Museum Arnhem, Burgers Zoo, Dutch Open Air Museum, River Betuwe and Nijmegen-Lent are landmarks within touching distance from the apartment.

Closest airports are Weeze Airport and Eindhoven Airport which are 33km and 56km away from the apartment respectively.

PRICE OF A ROOM IS 600 EURO( All bills are inclusive monthly)
SECURITY DEPOSIT IS 600 EURO( Refundable after the tenant returns the keys)

Best regards,
Hélène Veaux"

and later:

"I would like to inform you that Anda will be your flatmate. She is a 23 years old girl from Latvia coming for an internship in August. You can reach out to her for familiarisation via email on [email protected].

Here is my whatsapp number +380947129069 for use."

Thanks for the warning!