Room for Rent and other rental scams
#435396 by Michelle Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:14 pm
Dr. Dianna Sachs < [email protected] >

Hello,

Pictures of the apartment are attached.

Please excuse my long message. Please read my email carefully so you understand how the rental process works.

The apartment has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 living room, 1 kitchen, 1 cellar, 1 terrace-garden 1 parking space - Apartment size: 118m²

The apartment is located at Adalbertstraße 10997 Berlin Kreuzberg (For security reasons the exact address will not be disclosed, I hope you understand).

The property is in a beautiful location, available immediately, clean and ready for short or long term use (I prefer long term rentals).

The monthly rent is EUR 1583 (warm) including costs: heating, electricity, gas, water, garbage, property tax, construction insurance, internet, cable TV and parking space.

The deposit is EUR 2500. You will get the deposit back if you decide to move out of my apartment. (You pay nothing 2 months after moving into the apartment). Given the actual times we live in, I think it is right to do so.

Nobody currently lives in the apartment. The apartment can also be rented unfurnished. The property is equipped with: air conditioning, washing machine, vacuum cleaner, hair dryer, stove, iron, microwave, grill, toaster, blender, fridge, coffee maker, LED TV, DVD player, etc.

Pets are allowed, but please make sure everything is clean at all times. I don't want to get rich by renting the apartment so I believe the monthly rent is acceptable. I am interested in finding a responsible tenant to take care of the property.

About me: My name is Dianna Sachs and I am a doctor. I met my husband in Germany a few years ago and we got married. We have decided to move out of Germany. We live in Barcelona now and have no plans to return to Germany.

I will be able to travel to Germany when I'm sure I've found a serious tenant.

2 weeks ago I was in Germany to meet someone who wanted to rent my apartment. When I arrived I called him to meet me. My calls went unanswered and later that day he texted me that he didn't have the money to pay.

Because of this bad experience, my lawyer advised me to use eBay Secure Payments. So I signed a contract with eBay and provided a copy of the apartment keys so the apartment can be viewed without having to travel again without being sure I have found a reputable tenant. I will travel back to Germany and sign the lease as soon as I have your confirmation that the apartment meets your expectations.

You can read more about "eBay Secure Payment" here: https://themen.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/sicher-bezahlen/

If we use eBay, an agent will contact you within 24 to 48 hours to inspect the apartment.

If you approve the apartment after viewing it, I will travel to Germany to finalize the lease.
I hope you can tell me a little bit about yourself. I also need to know how long you want to live in my apartment.

The apartment is fully furnished as you can see from the photos. If you don't need my furniture I can have it removed and you can bring your own furniture.

The current cost for you is 4083 EUR (1 month's rent in advance + deposit). I'll pay the fees. You pay the next rent 60 days later after moving into my apartment. The deposit is fully refundable if you ever move out of my apartment.

eBay is used for a one off transaction to ensure I have found a serious tenant. The actual rental contract is signed face to face when I come to Germany.

eBay offers assurance that the transaction will be satisfactory to both of us. I will not receive any money from eBay until you agree, sign the lease and move into my apartment.
If you refuse the apartment for any reason, you will be refunded the full amount immediately.

eBay will be like an escrow account.

The rental process is explained step by step here:

1. I will register the apartment reservation and you will receive the necessary instructions from eBay.

2. You follow the instructions and complete the reservation process.

3. After the reservation is completed, you will visit the apartment together with the agent.

4. If the apartment meets your expectations, the agent will give you the keys to the apartment and you can move at any time.

5. I will buy a plane ticket so we can meet and sign the lease.

6 . After signing the lease I will receive the money from eBay.

If for any reason you decide to refuse the apartment, you will get your money back within 24 hours.

Even if you have another apartment now and cannot move immediately, we can complete the eBay transaction as explained and consider it a reservation for my apartment.

The sooner you complete the reservation process, the sooner you can view the apartment.

You seem like a really nice person. I sent you pictures with me to see who is behind this email. See the pictures below.

If I'm not asking too much, maybe you can send me some pictures of you too.

The eBay transaction must be completed within 24 hours.

If this is acceptable to you I will forward your email address to eBay and they will contact you for further arrangements.

If we come to an agreement, I would like to contact you via WhatsApp. Do you have a Whatsapp number?

Please confirm if you want me to start the reservation process.

PS Please make sure you read my emails very carefully. If you do not agree with eBay's procedure or do not have the money, please do not send me any information about yourself.

Stay healthy.
Kind regards.

dr Diana Sachs
Sent from my iPhone

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#435479 by AlanJones Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:52 am
There's no such thing as a list of scammers - they change their fake identities all the time.

If anyone asks you to pay money before you have physically been inside the property then it is a scam. Legitimate landlords will always make arrangements for prospective tenants to be able to properly view the property without needing "escrow" payments or similar.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.