Room for Rent and other rental scams
#435503 by Michelle Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:59 am
Christofer Andersen <[email protected]>

Christofer Andersen <[email protected]> wrote:
Hej,
Since nobody lives there, is ready for move-in anytime. I want to rent it for a maximum period of 4 years.
Before we continue, I have a standard set of questions, I hope you don't mind.

- How long have you lived in your current residence?
- What is your desired move-in date?
- How many people will be living in the unit?
- Does anyone in your household play a musical instrument and will be practicing in the unit?
- What term/length lease would you like?
- Do you have pets? (if yes, what kind, what size)
- What’s your employment situation?
- Do you have money set aside for the security deposit and first month’s rent?
- Could anything interrupt your ability to pay rent?
- Can You Provide Landlord or Employer References?
- Is there anything else I should know about you and your living situation?

The rental price is 12800 kr and includes : water, gas, internet/tv cable and 1 parking space.
Also, a security deposit is required (1 month of rent) . This one will be refunded at the end of the contract.

In the end, let me introduce myself: My name is Christofer, I'm the owner and I'm renting the apartment due my job relocation (Luxembourg).
Thank you!
Christofer Andersen

Christofer Andersen <[email protected]>

Hej,
Thanks for understanding. This is how Airbnb works in our case:

1. I will list the property on Airbnb. I have been an Airbnb member since 2015, with many reviews (I'm a Superhost verified full member).
2. You must book the apartment for 1 month in order to confirm our mutual agreement. Airbnb will request from you a temporary guarantee payment ( 1 month of rent + the security deposit). Your money will stay in the Airbnb custody until you view the apartment and decide to rent it. In case you will decide to decline it, Airbnb will refund your payment in full.
3. - Once Airbnb confirms your payment, I will send you the keys of the apartment using DHL Air Freight service (1-2 business days).
4. - After the viewing, we will sign a standard legally binding contract (a lease agreement). The future monthly payments will be paid directly into my local bank account.

I apologize for the long email :). Take your time and send me your decision.
Christofer Andersen

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement