Room for Rent and other rental scams
#436456 by Michelle Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:33 am
Timothy F. <[email protected]> wrote:
Thank you so much for your interest,

I'm Timothy Foley, an agent from the Realtor Department. The apartment is available even for long and short term periods and the monthly rent will be $1.250 with all utility bills included.

Because the owner of the apartment travels a lot, he let me take care of renting his apartment. The rental process will be through Realtor company services. In order to start a viewing of the apartment I would like to inform you that you must confirm that you own a security deposit ready ($1.000) and it is refundable at end of lease( I will instruct you how to confirm it). This method is used by our company to differentiate potential tenants who really want to rent the apartment but also to save time.

In order to request a viewing , we will create a pre-lease agreement so please email me with the details ( your full name, phone number, email and full address ), so I can make the arrangements.

Also, I would like to know how many people will inhabit there, more information about you and for how long you want to rent it . We will not accept section 8 or government program
If you still have any more questions, don't hesitate to contact us by sending a reply to this email.

Sincerely,
Timothy Foley
Customer Care Representative
Realtor™ Financial Department

Good morning,

We contact you in regard to the property you want to rent 72 Brinkerhoff Street #2, Jersey City, NJ, 07304 United States. We have issued and released the lease agreement for this apartment. Feel free to check the lease agreement of this email to get more details. On the lease agreement you will find all the terms and conditions of the transaction, such as the property address, the rent terms, delivery, payment terms, etc.

Here is your lease agreement :Frank

If you still have any more questions, don't hesitate to contact us by sending a reply to this email.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement