Room for Rent and other rental scams
#436535 by AlanJones Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:38 am
Subject: Re: Apartment in Calwer Str. 50 / Stuttgart

Hello,

I am contacting you regarding your interest in renting my apartment located at: Calwer Str. 50, 70173 Stuttgart

This is an apartment with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room with kitchen : 75,00 m².

The monthly rent is EUR 740, including all utilities (gas / electricity / telephone / cable / internet / parking / heating), and is for an indefinite period.

Security deposit (refundable) - 1000 EUR

The apartment is fully renovated, clean and ready to use.

The apartment is available for long-term rental, so you can stay there as long as you want.

No one is currently living in the apartment and the apartment can be rented immediately.

First of all I would like to know more about you (age, what you do, etc.), how many people will live in the apartment and for how long?

Thank you!

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#436536 by AlanJones Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:38 am

The apartment can be rented immediately for short or long term. We bought this apartment as an investment and sometimes spend our holidays there.
The apartment has been recently renovated and is beautifully furnished to make you feel at home.
Now a little about me, so we can get to know each other better.

My name is Aller Kristian I am 43 years old and I am a dentist working in Helsinki/Finalnda.

As I am in Finland , the booking will be done with Airbnb .

We have invested a lot in this apartment and would be grateful if you would treat it as your home.
If you accept please let me know. I will send you details about the booking process.
PS: I am using Airbnb to book because last week I missed 2 flights to come and the potential tenant did not answer the phone . I don't want to travel again for people who are not sure if they want to rent .

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#436537 by AlanJones Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:38 am

I'm perfectly willing to have you as a tenant. As I told you in my first email, Airbnb is handling the rental process on my behalf.

I need to contact the rental agency and provide them with all the necessary information to start the rental process.

Thank you for your understanding. This is how Airbnb works in our case:

-List the property on Airbnb. I have been a member of Airbnb since 2015 with many reviews (I am a fully verified Superhost member).
-You need to book the apartment for 1 month to confirm our mutual agreement. Airbnb will require a temporary security payment ( 1 month rent + security deposit). Your money will remain in Airbnb's custody until you see the apartment and decide to rent it. If you decide to decline, Airbnb will refund your payment in full.
-After Airbnb confirms payment, I will book my flight and arrive on the move-in date you set in your reservation.
-After your visit, we will sign a legally binding standard contract (a rental agreement). Future monthly payments will be paid directly into my local bank account.

To initiate the transaction with Airbnb, I need the following information from you:
- Adult:
- First name:
- Last name:
- Phone Number:
- ID.

I have attached a picture of me and my ID.

- It's not possible to see me before booking, as I'm in Finland (last week I missed 2 flights for a person who didn't answer the phone), but as soon as the booking is confirmed on Airbnb, I will personally come to hand over the keys and sign the contract.

My intention is to avoid moving for a potential tenant who isn't really interested and will make me move for nothing!