Room for Rent and other rental scams
#437019 by Michelle Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:17 am
Jutta Juliane Linseis <[email protected]>

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

The images are attached to this email! I am willing to arrange an inspection but as I said I am currently in Spain busy with my work and trying to adjust to life here so it is difficult for me to do that. Taking days off work to travel back to Germany would be a waste of time and money. Therefore, I would like to rent the apartment through Airbnb. This is an online platform that allows landlords to engage with tenants without requiring their presence and also offers protection to both parties.

Of course, you must view the apartment before making a decision, because you cannot rent an apartment that you have not seen. So, I'm willing to send you the keys to view the apartment and see if it suits your needs. The delivery of the keys and the viewing permit is done by an authorized courier and Airbnb is the responsible third party responsible for the proper execution of the transaction. After receiving the keys, you have 3 days (visiting time) to view the apartment and decide whether you want to rent it or not.

The rental process is very simple. If you do not already have an account on www.airbnb.com, please create one and then send me the following information:

Airbnb profile;
Shipping address; (where you get the keys and the contract)
telephone number;
Copy of identity card or passport.

As soon as I receive your details I will send you an invitation via Airbnb so that you can make your reservation. Airbnb will then contact you and provide you with all the information you need to complete the contract. Delivery of the keys and contract begins after you confirm payment of the first month's rent and security deposit to Airbnb. In our case the deposit is 1400 EUR + 1 month rent 600 EUR = total deposit 2000 EUR. Your money is held securely in Airbnb's bank account.

After you view the apartment, if you accept, you must sign the rental agreement and authorize Airbnb to release the money as a down payment for renting the apartment (i.e. the first month of rent and the security deposit). Please note that you can cancel your reservation at any time or after inspection and Airbnb will refund your payment immediately.

I am waiting for your email with the requested information.

Kind regards, Jutta Juliane Linseis!

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement