Room for Rent and other rental scams
#60712 by Con Warner Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:17 pm
From: Martins Clever <[email protected]>
Date: 2011/8/1
Subject: Re: Reply to your ad
To: Con Warner

I have a 2 bedroom property is located in Droitwich and it is 500 pounds per month including all
bills(utility bills,council tax,water,gas,e.t.c)while the security
deposit is 600 pounds but the security would be refunded back to you
anytime you are vacating the property,Here are the Pictures of the
Property attached below,Get back to me.

This person asks for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment either to him, your friend or a family member.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, this person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union or Moneygram with the promise that they will send the keys through a courier company.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.


Viewing the my property is not a problem. But i will like you to do a thing. I guess you will understand this.It's in the policy of my Solicitor and i wish to abide by it. I won't get any money from you now. So you will do a thing to make me believe you really need the Property.I have been fooled several times and I had to travel a long journey with my Solicitor to meet people who wants to view my property and at the end of the day they tell me they want to stay in the Property for a month before they would pay me. I don't want this to happen to me anymore so My Solicitor has advised me that I have to be sure that who so ever is renting my property should be capable of paying the cost of the rent. You will go to the nearest WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER around you,Send to your Friend send the sum of 1,100pounds in WESTERN UNION. The money will still be within you and your friend. I am not ready to get any money from you as i have said. All I need to see is the WESTERN UNION copy of receipt giving to you. Scan the WESTERN UNION receipt and send it as an attachment to my email just for me to view it and be sure you are ready to get the property. after viewing the property, and you really like it,
You can go together to the WESTERN UNION location agent or bank around here to get the 1,100 pounds back and we can reach an agreement on how you will move into the property. I will pay back to you the charges you will be using in sending the money in WESTERN UNION. If you don't understand, Here is an examples of how to do it....this is my contact number07024020067 or +447024020067

SENDERS NAME....................YOUR NAME


AMOUNT SENT.....................1,100POUNDS.

and scan the copy of receipt to me in an email just for me to view it.
and then i can pick you up and show you the property.

Best Regards.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 14 guests