Room for Rent and other rental scams
#438988 by Michelle Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:15 pm
Nolan Ross <[email protected]>

Hello again,

As I said, I live in Great Britain and I can't travel to show you the apartment. I want to use TripAdvisor (www.tripadvisor.com) for the renting process. I left the apartment keys at TripAdvisor and they will send an agent to meet with you and visit the apartment in his presence. He will also present you with the rental agreement.

Here is the booking process:

1. I list the apartment on TripAdvisor with a monthly rent of 500€ and a deposit of 1.000€. The total amount to pay is 1.500€. The deposit will be returned to you at the end of the rental period.
2. After the payment is confirmed, you will be contacted by TripAdvisor to schedule an appointment with their agent. In his presence you visit the apartment and read the rental agreement. If you rent the apartment, TripAdvisor will send the payment to my bank account. If you don't want to rent the apartment, TripAdvisor will refund the entire amount to your bank account.

If you want to pay in advance for 6 months or 1 year, I can make a discount. For 6 months you will pay 3.400€ (the deposit is included) and for 1 year you will pay 5.200€ (the deposit is included).

How much do you want to pay: 1.500€ (1 month rent and the deposit included), 3.400€ (for 6 months and the deposit included) or 5.200€ (for 1 year and the deposit included)?

I will pay the agency fee. If you agree to continue, send me your: full name, address and phone number.
I also require you to send me a copy of your Identity Card (or Passport) so I can finalize the rental agreement. Since we cannot meet in person, you will also find a copy of my passport attached.

Thank you.

Nolan Ross
81 Stanley Rd
Croydon CR0 3QF
United Kingdom

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement