Room for Rent and other rental scams
#440609 by Michelle Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:21 am
Nadia Loucks <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello , thank you for your prompt response. I am pleased to inform you that my flat is available for rent starting from tomorrow, with an open-ended lease. The monthly rent is GBP650, which includes all bills such as gas, water, electricity, TV, and parking for 2 cars.

Due to my work commitments, I am unable to personally meet potential tenants. Therefore, I have opted to utilize Booking.com as a convenient solution. Through the platform's online services at https://www.booking.com/, you can easily visit the flat and proceed with the rental process. Booking.com serves as a reliable intermediary, connecting hosts like myself with individuals seeking accommodation.

To secure the flat, Booking.com requires payment for the first 2 months, along with a deposit of GBP1300. The deposit will be refunded at the end of the lease, provided a 30-day notice is given. Subsequently, the monthly rent can be transferred directly to my personal bank account.

To initiate the booking, please reserve the first two months through the website. Once confirmed, a representative from Booking.com will contact you to arrange an appointment for immediate move-in. During the meeting at the flat, the representative will provide you with the keys and facilitate the signing of a fixed rental agreement, in compliance with British law. The agreement can be tailored for a period ranging from 2 months to 10 years.

If, upon viewing the property, you are unsatisfied, no contract will be signed, and you will receive a full refund on the same day.

I kindly request additional details about yourself, as I am seeking a responsible tenant who will take good care of the flat. Rest assured, I have made substantial investments in the flat, and I am confident that you will find it to your liking.

For now, I believe I have covered all the essential information. I hope I haven't overlooked anything important.

Best regards,
Nadia Loucks

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement