Room for Rent and other rental scams
#61149 by Con Warner Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:55 am
Originating IP: 201.191.148.50
Originating ISP: Instituto Costarricense de Electricidad y Telecom.
City: Quepos
Country of Origin: Costa Rica
Date: Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 11:11
Subject: RE: Reply to your ad: *****CHELSEA***** 2 LEVELS GORGEOUS FLAT FOR TOURISTS / REASONABLE RATE ***** / CHELSEA, LONDON
To: Con Warner

thank you very much for your interest and for inquiring. The flat is still available for those dates you gave me.

This flat-house its got 1 room only, is quite big with a king bed that sleeps two people and the room also has a sofa bed that sleeps two more people just in case but you are only two people.

The price for the 14 nights is £1300.00.

At this moment, Im only able to accept cash at the arrival thats because its just my house which I rent out during the year, so its not something like a hotel chain or something like it, so I wont be able to accept credit cards.

About the flat, let me tell you is quite private, right in a mews. Is a lovely quiet flat in a nice neighbourhood.

There's two underground stations near by (10 mnts) Earl's Court Station (underground) and West Brompton (undergrnound-overground), 24/7 hour supermarket at the end of the street.

The flat has a fully nice size self-contained kitchen with all amenities, shower and toilet. The room is very big and is upstairs.

This flat it's kind of a house, there is no neighbours above or beneath the house.

Also, If you required more info about the house or other things such as things to do in the area, shopping, etc etc please do not hesitate and ask me and I will advice you in order to make the most of you stay in London.

I hope all this can help and if there is anything else you would like to know please do not hesitate to ask me.

If you would like to confirm just drop me another email so I can book it on my calendar and also I will send you a Booking Confirmation receipt for you to keep and other relevant info on how to get there or if you want me to go and meet you at the station, etc

Kind Regards,

Carlos. +(44) 795 7170 343 / 0795 7170 343

This person asks for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment either to him, your friend or a family member.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, this person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union or Moneygram with the promise that they will send the keys through a courier company.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement