Room for Rent and other rental scams
#61241 by Con Warner Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:53 am
Subject: Re: 236 West 24th Street, New York NY 10011

Thanks for writing regarding my Apartment posted on craigslist, before we
proceed on this rent I'd like to make a brief introduction about myself. I
am a psychologist, am 46 years old, married and i have a lovely Daughter.
The nature of my work has made me much of a traveler and has really exposed
me to different types of race.. My Family and i moved down to Philippines
some months ago and that is the reason why am renting out the Apartment. The
Apartment is a available for a maximum of 6years..

This home is Available for immediate move in. It's a Newly remodeled and
full of charm Modern 1 bedroom & 1 bathroom, 1,165 square foot,strategically
located in a very cool and lovely environment with appliances including dish
washer with in-suite laundry room and tile,jacuzzi jetted tub, granite
countertops, and tons of space. There's a one car garage with high ceilings
and extra room for storage.Professional and mature neighbors ensure peaceful
living arrangements. Utilities such as heater, washer/dryer, electricity,
and Internet are also included in the rent,

I am looking for a peaceful and responsible person to rent the Apartment
and help me look after the Apartment. The rent per month for the whole
Apartment is $1200 including utilities and the deposit is $500. I want you
to know that I am a kind and honest person and i also spent a lot on my
property that I want to give you for rent, so I will solicit for your
absolute maintenance of the Apartment and I would want you to treat it as
your own, I would like you to keep it tidy all the time I also want you to
let me have trust in you as I always stand on my word. I will like you to
drive by to the building today to view the exterior of the building for you
to know where the Apartment is located and get back to me if you like it so
that I can forward the full interior pictures for you to view and have an
idea how beautiful and spacious the inside looks and then we can proceed to
the next step which is the application process.

Thanks for taking your time in witting me and hope to hear back from you.

Awaiting To Read Back From you.

Heather.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union or MoneyGram with a promise that he will send the keys through a courier company.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Thanks so much for your interest in my Apartment. Once again the rent per month for the whole Apartment is $1200 and the deposit is $500, rent and deposit is required. The Apartment is available for move in immediately.Also,there are no mouses in the apartment so you have nothing to worry about. The building is in a great location situated in the quiet and safe area and offers secure access. Utilities again include Internet, cable, laundry in-suite, washer/dryer, heater, water,electric and parking is available and included in the rent. I can rent the Apartment to you as long as you want.

I want you to understand that due to my present move to Philippines with my family you will not be able to view the inside of the Apartment in person because the keys and documents of the Apartment are with us here in Philippines. The reason is that we tried to look for an honest agent that we could give the document & the keys to handle the rent for us before we left but could not find any trusted one as a matter of urgency and we don't want our home misused in our absence by just handling the Apartment to any agent or friend that is why we took the keys and documents along with us and have decided to rent it our self and pray that with the help of God i will be able to get a good, responsible and God fearing person who will rent the Apartment and take absolute care of my Apartment. So i want you to know that you will not be able to physically see the inside of the Apartment now until we have concluded on the arrangement. Once we have concluded on the rental arrangement , i will be shipping the keys and documents to you through DHL courier express delivery directly to you.

Attached are the interior pictures for you to view and have an idea on how beautiful and spacious the inside looks. Let me know if you are interested in proceeding the rent so i can email you the Rental Application form Today and we can proceed. I look forward to hearing from you ASAP.

Heather.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement