Room for Rent and other rental scams
#61633 by Con Warner Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:47 am
Date: Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 11:11
Subject: Re: $800 / 3br - 1806ft² - 3 bedroom, 2 bath ranch w/2 car garage!
To: Con Warner

The 1636 Lake Christopher Drive, Virginia Beach VA 23464 is a 3 bedroom and 2 bathroom Single-Family Home. Which My wife and I occupied before leaving for Nigeria. We left on a self Mission following God's Call to Preach the Word and Let people of all Nations Hear About Him.

We are looking for a well-behaved, clean and honest tenant to rent out our house.We will like you to give us your word and promise us that you will take good care of our house so that we will be happy when we come to visit you in the future. We are willing to work on any flexible plan you may have on your term of renting,Long or short term or month by month.

I had a Realtor company help me get a tenant, but they were handling things too professionally and were extorting the tenants, so i took the job of their hands and tried doing this my self, but couldn't find any tenant while I was still in the state as at last week. so as a matter of urgency for my travel, I do not want my home to be misused in my absence, I decided to take the keys and documents along with me. So I hope you will promise me to take very good care of the house always. I really do need to get a very well-behaved person to take occupancy of my house and take good care of it for me.We shall be staying for upwards of five years here doing God's Work,a 90 days notice shall be given to you prior to our arrival back to the states after five years of service here in Nigeria.

As regards furniture,if tenant would be bringing in furniture,ours will be taken to storage while cost of storage will be paid by us.If tenant wants to use ours,tenant will be allowed to use.You can give us a call on our cell phone number on +2347044314637 ( Call Anytime )

Rent Fee/Month : $800
Security Deposit : $500
Total Move In Cost : $1300

Here is the address of the Home you can drive by and view the exteriors and surroundings and get back to me if you are really interested : 1636 Lake Christopher Drive, Virginia Beach VA 23464 .

So get back to us as soon as you can so we can send you the application form.

Waiting to hear from you soon.

Regards
Tricia Dennis
+2347044314637

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union or MoneyGram with a promise that he will send the keys through a courier company.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement