Room for Rent and other rental scams
#61781 by Con Warner Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:42 am
To: Con Warner
Subject: Re: $800 / 3br - 3175 West Riverdell Drive, (Wasilla AK 99654)
Date: Wed 08/10/2011 11:11

Thank you for the interest in my house. The house is still available for rent; the house was completely renovated easy access to Public Transportation. The Bedrooms are equipped with everything you need for your stay.

Monthly Rent: $800
Security Deposit Is $600
Total move in cost:$1400
Utilities are included in the rent.
Minimum rental: 1 month
Maximum rental: 6 years or more.

I will love to have showed you round the house and the inside, but am sorry i am presently out on a missionary trip.I have been posted to the West Africa by the United State Christian Organization for (Worldwide Missionary Outreach). We are now in West Africa for the Missionary work and so all you can do is drive by the home anytime. i wanted to sell it before and later changed my mind to rent it out for investment purposes since i might still come back some time 5 years or more to come. So we have ordered them to stop all advertisement about the home for sale and that will be effective asap. So i wouldn't want that to bother you at all I could not find an honest agent to hand over the place before leaving so i and my wife decided to post the property online. Here is our rental application form that you will have to fill if you are still interested in this house.

RENTAL APPLICATION FORM

FIRST NAME: __________________
MIDDLE NAME: __________________
LAST NAME: __________________
PROFESSION: ________________
PHONE______________________
AGE_____
YOU HAVE A PET?__________________________ _ _
DO YOU HAVE A CAR?__________________________ _ _
OCCUPATION____________________ ________
PRESENT ADDRESS: ___________________________
WHY ARE YOU LEAVING?______________________ _____________________________
PREVIOUS ADDRESS: ___________________________
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING? ____________
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN? ______________
HOW SOON IS YOUR MOVE IN COST READY? ___________________________

I CERTIFY that answers given herein are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application for tenant screening as may be necessary in arriving at a tenant decision. I understand that the landlord may terminate any rental agreement entered into for any misrepresentation made above.

Best Regards and Remain Blessed

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union or MoneyGram with a promise that he will send the keys through a courier company.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement

#62124 by Con Warner Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:40 am
Thanks very much for your reply and also I can see your willingness in my house because when we ready about you and your application we are very excited .anyway I have decided to let you live in our house. However, if you are ready to rent the house ASAP that will be no problem, but we will advise you to provide the $800 for you to move in as soon as possible and $600 for security deposit,making $1400,for you to secure the house,but when you make the payment today your monthly rent will start by September 1st, and also we will send the keys and documents of the house to you via the FEDEX to the address you send to me and the tracking number will be sent to you. Please once again,we are giving you this on trust and do not disappoint us, and I promise you that you will love the house. So I am with the below documents,Here are the contents of the documents.

1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2)Paper/Permanent house form(Containing your reference details)
3)The house documentary file.
4)Payment Receipt.
5)Full address and description of the house
6)Additional papers for insurance on utilities in the house E.T.C

So l will like you to get back to me so that l can send you the info how you will send the money to me via western union so that when you make the payment today you are going to receive the package by tomorrow at your home address or your work address and you can drive by see the inside and move as soon as possible and note that all what you need to move in is inside the package so you have nothing to worry about all what we need is for you to keep your promises in taking good care of our home and as soon as you move in l will ask my wife to come down to the state by Middle of October so that she will come and see you and see how you taking good care of our home and she can also receive October rent from you and if she love everything as we want you can rent our home as many years as you want.....So get back to me so that l can send you the info and we can finalize everything today ....You can call me on my #+234-702-921-6677 OR 011-234-702-921-6677 I await your reply ASAP.

Thanks for the response am so glad and happy to hear from you, I pick up your call is like the network is very bad i will like you to call me back, I will solicit for your absolute mentenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own and i want you to know that the money is not the main problem but want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up, also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word, I just read a scripture that i feel you should join me in, the bible book of Psalms 71.I feel you should read this with your family with faith full of Hope and do this along with prayer and i do say that God will bless your family, And again what makes you nervous i want you to have mind that we can't tanish just beause of your money so i want you to have your mind at rest everything is in order to makes you feel comfortable i will like you to come up with the frist month deposit,l will like you to check the attach for my family pictures for the payment you can Just go to any wall mart or grocery store and send the money via western union and write this information along with you.

Receiver's Name:Wesly Paul
Address : 51/53 Kudirat Abiola Way
City:Ikeja
Zip code: 23401
State:Lagos
TEST QUESTION : Who created us?
ANSWER : God

As soon as you send the payment from the Western union , you would be given some informations. You would have to get back to me with following information:

1. Full Sender's Name And Address Including Zip Code:
2. MTCN NUMBER:
3. .Amount Sent:

As soon as i confirms the payment, I will send the necessary document and keys of the house to you through FEDEX and get back to you with the Tracking number and the arrival time of the document and the keys.

Thanks and Remain Blessed
[email protected]

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com