Room for Rent and other rental scams
#11950 by Dora Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:11 pm
From Craigslist, a rental scam:

from Allen Francis <[email protected]>
to @gmail.com>
date Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 2:30 PM
subject: Place to rent

Greetings!

Thank you very much for your inquiry. My name is Allen Francis I own the apartment located at 222 Park Place #4A, Brooklyn NY 11238. The rent is $600 Per Month all Utilities included. I inherited the property from my late parent who died in a ghastly accident last year. I was also involved in the accident too; hence I lost my legs so I’m in a wheelchair. Presently I’m in a missionary school in West Africa and my wife just joined me here,I need an occupant for the apartment ASAP...
Let me tell you a little about me. I’m the only child of my late parent, I love to serve God and that is way I’m in missionary school presently in West Africa .Initially, I planned to sell out the apartment, but I changed my mind when I found out that the agent is inflating the prize hence making it very difficult to sell. More over my wife is very much in love with the apartment, she prefer us to rent it instead of selling. I need a very responsible person (With good credit) that can take very good care of the apartment and live there like it’s his or her own. As you know I’m in a wheelchair now and the renting of my apartment is the only way I can assist myself and my wife. I will be in the States by October, when I come I will schedule a meeting with you. I hope that by then you would have settled down as my tenant.
If you are willing to rent from me then go ahead and fill out the rental Application form below.

(1) Your Full Name:
(2) Your Full Address & Phone Number
(3) Occupation:
(4) Marital status:
(5) Rental Payment plan ranging from 1 month, 3 months or 6 months or 1 year...(indicate most convenient option)
(6) Duration of rent:
(7) Age:

When my wife was coming to join me here in West Africa she came with the apartment keys and documents, Once I receive a feedback from you I will make arrangement for the keys and documents including an Authorization letter to be shipped to your designated address . I will need you to give me a call so that we can sort this out.My cell phone line is 0112347068586390 if you are dialing from a land line or +2347068586390 if you are dialing from a cell phone.

God bless you abundantly.
Allen Francis.

I am pretty certain the legitimate owners of that apartment don't want some scammer trying to rent out their apartment. Real Owners

Seems like Mr. Francis has a lot of apartments in a lot of different cities to rent. Clicky

Just a scam. Delete and ignore.
Advertisement