Room for Rent and other rental scams
#86405 by Con Warner Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:59 pm
Date: Wed, Feb 15, 2012 11:11
Subject: 3 BEDROOM FULLY FURNISHED HOUSE AT 570 Swanston Street
To: Con Warner

Hi
This is Alexandra from Share accommodation. I have a three bedroom house with open-plan lounge/large kitchen/meals area and separate laundry. I only want to rent out 2 rooms out, its located at 570 Swanston Street, 3 minutes from Melbourne Uni and 5 from Melbourne Central by feet.

The house is furnished for you to use: Fridge, Washing machine, Microwave, Bed, Desk, Dining table, and etc. I have most household things but if you have any stuff you want to bring there is plenty of room.

Am sending to you some pictures hope you will love it? and kindly let me know if you love it because you will need to sign a rental agreement and that will also assure me of your readiness in reserving the room for you for the period you want

A lot of people have wasted my time and i really want to deal with people who are serious and genuinely interested in the room, i hope you understand me?

Rent for single room:
Price per month.... .. $500Aud per month
Bond Deposit:...........$500Aud

Rent for double room:
Price per month.......... $800Aud per month
Bond Deposit:.............$800Aud

Best Regards
Alexandra

This person asks for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent (for a property that he does not own) due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer either to him, his lawyer, your friend or a family member.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, this person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union or Moneygram with the promise that they will send the keys through a courier company.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement