Room for Rent and other rental scams
#95756 by cartonn30gel Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:30 pm
I got the same email TODAY! This is such a scam! The guy says he is giving the apartment for $700 where the average rent in the same building is around $2000!

I'm not sure if he will ask me to send him money over whatever channel next, but I know I'm not doing it.. There must be a few more on Craig's list like this one.

BE ADVISED!
Advertisement

#96075 by susu66 Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:32 am
Name Herbert Ennico
email [email protected]

script

Hello,
I just read your message regarding my apartment.
Sorry if my answer comes quite late, but your email arrived in my spam folder, and I couldn't see it until now.
I bought this apartment for my daughter during her studies in Canada, but now she's back home permanently, so I'm renting the place for unlimited time.
The flat is fully furnished and renovated, exactly like in the photos.
You can use my furniture, or you can also use your own if you prefer. If you decide to use yours, you will have access to a large and well ventilated cellar, where you can store my furniture.
Also, very important, the utilities (cold/hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital TV, 2 parking spots in garage, air conditioning, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, etc.) are included in the price of $1200/month. The security deposit is also $1200, and you get it back, when you decide to leave the apartment (you will have to give me at least 30 days notice). As for me, you can rest assured that I will never ask you to leave the apartment.
Before we go any further I would like to know how many persons you intend to share the flat with, and for how long.
Now, a little bit about myself: My name is Herbert Ennico and I'm a 59 years old graphic designer from London, planning to retire in the next 2 years.
I have a lovely wife, Christine and a 25 year old daughter, Linda. I am very proud to say that soon I'm going to be a grandfather :).
Another member of our family is a six year old Labrador Retriever which we all love, so, since I'm a pet owner myself, I will have no problem if you want to keep a pet in the house.
The only inconvenience is that my job doesn't allow me to leave London even for one single day. We just hired some new staff and I'm in charge of their training, so my schedule is pretty hectic right now.
But this won't affect the rental at all. I can make arrangements to rent the apartment from London (on my expense of course).
Looking forward to hear from you soon.
All the best from Britain!

Hello ,
Thanks for your reply,
The apartment is located at 110 Bloor St W, M5S 2W7.
You seem to be a very nice person and I can assure you we will not have problems. Like I have informed you before, the price you shall pay for 1 month of rent will be $1200 and i want also one month guarantee deposit $1200 ( the guarantee deposit $1200 you will receive back when you leave the apartment ), with no extra taxes to pay. I want to receive the money monthly to my bank account, so I hope it will be no problem for you to wire the money .

Of course you will have to see the apartment before discussing further details . I am willing to send you the keys so you can visit it and see it suits your needs.The delivery for the keys and viewing permit (signed by me), will be made with TNT to make sure that we can trust each other.
I will explain the procedure if you are interested so please email me as soon as you read this message because I really need to take care of this matter.

Regards
#106840 by haldego Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:37 am
This is the exact formulae used on the scam we got caught in new emails are [email protected] and the agent is [email protected] and the agency [email protected]. our emails are exactly the same word for word all except the location of the flat is in cape town. if you have any more info please share will give what we have too.

regards
Haldego