Room for Rent and other rental scams
#108474 by Michelle Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:03 am
Date: Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Subject: Re: $1100 / 2br - Immaculate 2BDR Family Home for Rent_MOVE IN READY (Leesburg, VA)
To: Michelle Banks

Hello,

God bless you for your interest about my house,yes is still available for rent. I am renting this house to a responsible and neat person or family who has the fear of God and treat my house as his or her own.Presently I and my wife have work for USAID.USAID works in agriculture, democracy & governance, economic growth, the environment,
education, health, global partnerships, and humanitarian assistance in more than 100 countries to provide a better future for all. USAID still faces an uncertain future. In many developing countries, HIV/AIDS and health issues are having a dramatic impact on social cohesiveness and economic strength, blocking the very development goals we seek. Virtually all the new democracies in the world today are fragile; others are democracies more in name than substance.
Nearly a quarter of the people living in developing countries, or about one billion people, live in absolute poverty. There are a host of other threats - ranging from terrorism to infectious disease and violent conflict - that challenge us and the developing nations we seek to help.Here is USAID Web address:-www.usaid.gov.

USAID efforts to foster world-wide economic growth and increased trade,and tackling cross-border issues such as the spread of HIV/AIDS and trafficking in persons.To safe the live of peoples from primitive death that claims the souls of younger ages as a result of casual sex gave us transfer to West Africa and we will be away for 8 years or more and this is why we are actually renting out house,so if you are interested and will take good care of our house then we will be ready to accept you as our future tenant and family friend. If you really impress me by taking good care of our house then you will be allowed to stay as long as you wish okay.

This is the address of the Place : 320 Roanoke Drive Southeast, Leesburg VA 20175

So get back to me on how you could take care of our house or perhaps experience you have in renting home. Hope you are okay with the price of US$1100/month and $800 for security deposit with hydro, heat, laundry facilities, air condition and so on. PETS ARE WELCOME!

I am looking forward to hear from you ASAP so that i can forward you an application to fill out and discuss on how to get the house for rent, also are you ready to rent it now or when?

Await your reply

Graham S Rudolph
+2347029113238 or 0012347029113238

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement