Room for Rent and other rental scams
#108482 by Michelle Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:44 am
Date: June 12, 2012 4:18:33 PM EDT

To: Michelle Banks
Subject: Re: House for rent
Reply-To: My Property <[email protected]>

Hello,

I must confess that I am very very new in this landlord business.. However, My name Michael M Jasper , I own the house located at ( 5121 Balderton Circle, Virginia Beach VA 23455 ). Due to our job with USAID we spent less time in the state.

Presently I and my family have work for USAID.USAID works in agriculture, democracy & governance, economic growth, the environment,education, health, global partnerships, and humanitarian assistance in more than 100 countries to provide a better future for all.USAID still faces an uncertain future. In many developing countries,HIV/AIDS and health issues are having a dramatic impact on social cohesiveness and economic strength, blocking the very development goals we seek. Virtually all the new democracies in the world today are fragile; others are democracies more in name than substance. Nearly a quarter of the people living in developing countries, or about one billion people, live in absolute poverty. There are a host of other threats - ranging from terrorism to infectious disease and violent conflict - that challenge us and the developing nations we seek to help.Here is USAID Web address:-http://www.usaid.gov USAID efforts to foster world-wide economic growth and increased trade,and tackling cross-border issues such as the spread of HIV/AIDS and trafficking in persons.To safe the live of peoples from primitive death that claims the souls of younger ages as a result of casual sex gave us transfer to West Africa and we will be away for 8 years or more.

So we could not get a hold on any Realtor to handle this rent issue, although it was when I knew how long we are going to stay in West Africa that I decided to rent out the house. However, the initial plan was to sale out the house. which I tried, but sometimes the agents inflates the prize and it takes longer to sell i am telling you this in case if you find the house on another website, that is the old advert. because of this reason and more we need a responsible person that can take very good care of it as we are not after the money,but want it to be clean and for you to take it as if it were yours.

The rent is $750 and $600 for Security Deposit For this 3BR / 2.5Bath/ 1,509 sqft Dishwasher Walk-in Closet Disposal Refrigerator Vaulted Ceilings Washer/Dryer Lawn Cable Attached Garage.

Pet Allowed.

RENTAL APPLICATION FORM

FULL CONTACT NAME?
OCCUPATION?
RESIDENTIAL HOME ADDRESS?
YOUR CELLPHONE NUMBER?
YOUR HOME PHONE NUMBER?
YOUR WORKPLACE NUMBER?
WHAT TIME IS THE` BEST TIME TO REACH YOU?
AGE & MARITAL STATUS?
OWN A PET?
OWN A CAR?
HOW MANY PEOPLE SHALL RESIDE IN THE PREMISES?
ANTICIPATED REFERENCE?
============================== =======
Application Comment
============================== =======

Please make sure this questions are fill correctly because the best way you answer with your comment will impress me the more to accept your applications.I know you would want to see the house before making any kind of rental payment , which is understandable.We can make arrangement for the keys and documentation including an Authorization letter to be shipped to you, this will give you the opportunity to view house.

Regards,

Michael M Jasper.

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement