Room for Rent and other rental scams
#108544 by Michelle Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:10 pm

Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2012 11:43 PM

To: Michelle Banks
Subject: Re: $700 / 3br - 1075ft² - Single Family - Cuyahoga Falls, OH (Cuyahoga Falls OH)

Hello Good Day..,

Thanks for your email and interest in renting my house. I am Lisa Testa,The owner of the house you are making inquiry of...Actually I resided in the house with my family before and presently we have moved out due to my transfer from my work now in West Africa. Presently my house is still available for rent for $700 and the refundable security deposit is $600 USD (rent already includes utilities)More so Now, I am currently in Lagos, Nigeria for an international Christian follower's crusade. I will like to let you know that I initially wanted to sell the house but my Husband advised I rent it out to responsible people.

Please I want you to note that I spent a lot on my property that I want to give to you for rent, so I will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own, It is not the money that is the main problem but I want you to keep it tidy all the time so that I will be glad to see it neat when I come for a check up. I also want you to let me have trust in you as I always stand on my word.

This is the address of the House: 2577 7th Street, Cuyahoga Falls OH

It has a dramatic entry foyer with ceramic floor. Extremely spacious rooms throughout with lots of big windows...nice and light! New neutral paint and some newer carpet. Very quiet, low traffic area. Appliances included douglasm.smith are washer, dryer, oven, dishwasher, new fridge (7/07)...I believe its absolutely a home for you and your family. Utilities include Water,Trash,Sewer,Gas

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENT APPLICATION FORM BELOW

RENT APPLICATION FORM.

FIRST NAME:__________?

MIDDLE NAME:__________?

LAST NAME:__________?

SEX:__________?

DATE OF BIRTH:_________?

PROFESSION:__________?

PHONE:

(CELL)PHONE__________?

(WORK)PHONE__________?

(HOME)PHONE__________?

WHICH NUMBER IS THE BEST TO CALL YOU ON__________?

MARITAL STATUS:__________?

KIDS _____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY ________

PRESENT ADDRESS: _____________________

CITY: _______________

STATE:______________

ZIP CODE: ____________

HOW LONG? ___________IF RENTING

WHY ARE YOU LEAVING__________?

IF THIS HOUSE IS BEING GIVEN TO YOU,

HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING? ____________?

WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN? ______________?

DO YOU AGREE TO MAKE ANY KIND OF PAYMENT BEFORE RECEIVING THE KEYS _____________?

IF YOU HAVE A PET,

KIND OF PETS: _____________?

HABITS

DO YOU SMOKE ______________ ?

DO YOU DRINK ______________?

DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT? ____?

Looking forward to hearing from you with all this details so that I can have it in my file in-case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you...Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the keys to you, please we are giving you all this based on trust and again I will want you to stick to your words, you know that we have not seen yet and only putting everything into Gods hands, so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this...

The house is available for rent at the moment so you are free to move in as soon as you wish to.... Feel free to email me for more information and arrangements on how to get the keys and other necessary documents delivered to you....The house will be available for rent for a period of 5 years so you have a choice of deciding how long you intend staying there...

Remain Blessed.

Lisa Testa.

Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2012 2:00 PM
To: Michelle Banks
Subject: LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE..CALL ME ASAP..+234-706-741-1356 0R 011-234-706-741-1356..

Hello Michelle.

We have decided to let you live in our house. As we have found your application very wonderful, satisfactory and acceptable by my family. so we would want you to go through the acceptance form and get back to us on what you feel.we would like to send the following document to you via FEDEX to the address you sent to us and the tracking number will be sent to you so that you can possibly occupy our house, Please once again, we are giving you this on trust and do not disappoint us and i promise you that you will love the house. So we are with the below document here with us.you will need to make Payment for security deposit so that we can ship out the Keys and documents to the address you have provided to us.give me a call asap so that we can make arrangement on how you are going to receive the keys and documents of my house and also included on how to notify the date that you're coming which am sending to you.

RE-CONFIRMATION OF THE DELIVERY ADDRESS :

FIRST NAME:
HOUSE ADDRESS:
MOBILE NUMBER:

We would like to send the following documents to you via FedEx next day delivery to the address you sent to us Please reconfirm the address,and the tracking number will be sent to you so that you can possibly occupy our house. Please once again, we are giving you this based on trust so please do not disappoint us and i promise you that you will love the house. We are with the under listed documents here with us and you will need to make Payment for the first month rent of {$700} and the security deposit ($600) total payment you are to send to me is {$1300} to secure the home for your move in,and as well to enable shipment of the Keys and documents delivered to the address you have provided to us, after which you could move in at your convenience.. The rent starts counting when you move in, so you could go ahead with the payment straight away to make things faster...

Here are the contents of the document that needs to be sent.

1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2) Paper/Permanent house form
3) The house documentary file.
4) Full Description of the house
5) Payment Receipt
6)Lease Agreement Form.

The house is available for rent for up to 5 years or more,so you are free to decide on how long you intend occupying it...Rent already includes utilities..I'm ready to accept either monthly or upfront mode of payment..depending on the one you're most comfortable with..utilities included, Water,electricity, Gas Sewer, Garbage, Cable ready,well trained pet is allowed e.t.c Facilities also include: Dishwasher, Dryer, Electric Stove, Fridge, Washer ...Your monthly rent already covers utilities so you do not have to pay extra charges for that.as well want you to know that the pay will be taking place in via western union money transfer as it is save and faster to receive money down here..

NOTE THAT THE SECURITY DEPOSIT IS REFUNDABLE IN-CASE YOU DON’T LIKE THE HOUSE.

Please note that the deposit made is fully refundable should in case you finally gain entrance into the house after receiving the keys and documents and feel unsatisfied or uncomfortable with the interior,but i am giving you a benefit of doubt that you will love everything about this lovely and beautiful home and is ready for move in.The deposit will be refunded in less than 24 hours after you request for it..You are advices to act fast on this so you don't loose the house to other interested applicants...Give me a call as soon as possible.
here is my cell phone +234-706-741-1356 0R 011-234-706-741-1356...

Thanks and Remain Blessed..

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary

Advertisement