Room for Rent and other rental scams
#112095 by Con Warner Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:42 am
To: Con Warner
Sent: Wednesday, July 4, 2012 11:11
Subject: Re: Van Buren Street Property NW DC

Hello

Thanks for your email and interest in renting my house,Actually I resided in the house with my family, my wife and my only daughter before and presently we have moved out due to my transfer from my work now in West Africa . Presently my house is still available for rent for 600USD(rent already includes utilities). Please i want you to note that i spent a lot on my property that i want to give to you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own, It is not the money that is the main problem but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up. I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word .I'm looking for a quick responsible tenant that can rent and take very good care of the house and treat as own for me as soon as possible he/she move in.

The house is month to month rent and you can move in if you have any pets with you and make sure you tell me more about you and when you ready to move in because all the bad people have Spoilt the good people in the world to trust each other , Could you please let build a trust and honest together for now as one family .

House Description:
Great Renovated Brightwood Home. Granite, Stainless Kitchen, Hwd Flrs, Huge Deck, Fireplace, Tons of Light. Great Entertaining Yard With Manicured Garden. Off-Street Parking And New Storage Shed. Finished Basement With Full Bath. New Bath And 3 Bedrooms With Light Pouring In. Walk To Safeway, Cvs, Starbucks, Metro, Restaurants, And More!

Please note once again that, we are a kind and honest family,that spent a lot on property that is available for rent, so in one accord,we are soliciting for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own. We want you to keep it tidy all the time so that we shall be glad to see it whenever we are around on a visit.

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENTAL APPLICATION FORMS BELOW.

1)Your Full Name
2A)Home Phone ?
2B)Cell Phone Number ?
3)Your Full Address :
4)How old are you?
5a)Are you married?
5b)How many people will be living in the house?
6a)Do you have a pet?
6b)What type
7a)Do you have a car?
7b)What type?
8)Occupation?
9)Do you smoke?
10)Do you Drink ?
11)Do you work at Night ?
12)What is your monthly income?
13)Reference Contact Name and Address?
14)When do you intend Moving in?
15)private email :
16 )When can you pay for your deposit to secure or move in?

Note: You can drive by the house for now to see the outside since i and every member of my family are out of town due to my work transfer and as soon as you have the keys and documents with you, then you can view the interior.

Await your prompt reply so that we can discuss on the rental terms and agreement, please we are renting the house to you base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words. So please do not let us down in maintaining this our property and God bless you more as you do this.You can contact me after he form have been filled on +2348056667209

House Address:
1254 Van Buren Street Northwest, Washington DC 20012
All Pets Allow : Dog , Cat , Fish , Horse

Monthly Rent : $600
Deposit : $700
----------------------------------------
Total Move in : $1300
---------------------------------------
Remain Blessed

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement