Room for Rent and other rental scams
#112097 by Con Warner Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:48 am

Hello,

First of all I'm sorry to write you in English but I don't speak Portuguese.I just read your e-mail regarding my apartment located in : Rua Conselheiro Lobato 520,4705-089 São José de São Lázaro, Braga , Portugal.
The apartment is still available , with 2 rooms (T2): 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 1 kitchen and 1 living room (55m2 ). The apartment is in the best conditions, furnished and have all the equipment that you will need including TV and washing machine. I can rent you the apt. for unlimited time. I really want to find a good and responsible tenant and I was hoping if you can send me some personal information's about yourself.
The rent price is 280 Euro p/m including all utilities for as long as you need and the deposit is also Euro 280. The deposit will be returned as soon as you will decide to leave from the apartment (you will have to give me at least 30 days notice). The pets and dogs are ok to me. I bought this apartment for my daughter during her studies in Portugal, but now she's back home in United Kingdom permanently, so I'm renting the place for unlimited time and I left the keys and contract of the apartment, already signed by me, at a company called TNT .
If you want to find more about how this transaction can work please get back to me anytime and I will send you more information step by step.

Here are some pictures of my apt,please click of the link:

http://s1053.photobucket.com/albums/s46 ... maids2012/

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union or MoneyGram to an escrow company with a promise that he will send the keys through a courier company.

Sounds safe. It's not!
These companies do not work this way.

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement