Room for Rent and other rental scams
#112100 by Con Warner Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:08 am

Hello ,

Many thanks for your interest my property , I have been living in the place for few years now and you will love to call the place a home.Me and my wife got transfer to United State Of America as a missionary worker and that is reason am looking for a good tenant to take better care of the place for me , i am not after the money but all i care is a good tenant to take better care of the place for me.I have the keys and documents with me here because before we left i tried to find an agent that could handle the place but could not get on time before we received our call off letter.Right Now me and my family are now in United State and we are actually looking for a good tenant to take possession of the place ,the rent fee is $1300 while the damage deposit is $900 the rent fee also include:The rent fee includes all utilities such as Phone/Internet/Cable/Dishwasher/dryer/Microwave/Garbage disposal .Also note that the damage deposit is refundable after the end of your tenancy and i am staying here in united state for 4 years and when i return am planning to get a new home.

Kindly get back to on your past experience in renting a home and how you will take good care of the place for me and my family .After that, i will forward you a rental application form to fill and we will go through it.Once again thank you for your interest i await your reply.I have removed the advert from listing because you contacted me you want the place

Best Regards
Pamela.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement