Room for Rent and other rental scams
#112407 by Con Warner Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:20 am
Subject: Here is the full details and Attached pictures of the Appartment
To: Con Warner

Hello,I'm Billie 23 years old the apartment belongs to my late father,We are originally from USA and my mother have been managing and maintaining the apartment since my father died, but she is presently in London due to her work.I work and study here in Boston but you will be my flatmate,I am contacting you from roomster

The Apartment description Features:located at 7 Fenwood Road, Boston, MA 02115,USA and was close enough to most of the major attractions/sights that you can walk almost.shops, supermarkets, restaurants and the area is a safety place

You will pay $600per month including the utilities,fridge-freezer, oven, washing machine, dryer, gas cooker,microwave, dishwasher, electricity bill, internet charges and others.and $400 for the security deposit which is refundable during the departure time from the room.And for you to be sure i will scan my USA passport ID and i will all so signed agreement form too.You are going to pay the money to my mother at UK because she is the one that will receive the money from you so that the apartment can 100% secure and reserve for you on till your arrival date because a lot of people have wasted my time on this issue and i really want to deal with people who are serious and genuinely interested in the room. I will like to have a brief introduction of your self, so that i can have idea of whom you are .

The apartment is available from now and you will be more than happy when you move in to the apartment

I will like to know where you are from and when you will be coming to the flat ?

Am confidently assuring you that you will be more than satisfied when you come into the flat while you will have your private bathroom.You can see the attached pictures of the room bellow...... Let me hear from you asap if you really have interest in renting the room,

Best Regards,
Billie

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement