Room for Rent and other rental scams
#130336 by Con Warner Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:54 am
Subject: Re: EUR400 / 1br - 900ft² - Newly renovated,Furnished 1bdrm apartment (Berlin)
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 23:47:47 +0200
To: Con Warner

Thanks for your email and interest in renting my apartment..I am the direct owner of the apartment and I resided in the apartment with my family, my wife and my only daughter before,but presently we have moved out due to my transfer from my work now in England,London. Presently my house is still available for rent for 400Euro (per month rent already includes utilities) with the refundable deposit payment of 600Euro .

Please i want you to note that i spent a lot on my property that i want to give to you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own, It is not the money that is the main problem but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up.I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word..

This is the address of the House ( Wilhelmstraße 42 10969 Mitte Berlin, Germany.)
AMENITIES
Kitchen,13'0" x 11'0" ( 3.96m x 3.35m ),Reception room 17'0" x 16'0" ( 5.18m x 4.88m ),Bedroom 1 12'10" x 10'5" (3.91m x 3.18m )
Bathrooms 6'10" x 5'10" ( 2.08m x 1.78m )It has a dramatic entry foyer with ceramic floor. Extremely spacious rooms throughout with lots of big windows.nice and light! New neutral paint and some newer carpet.....Very quiet, low traffic area. New fridge I believe its absolutely a perfect home for you and your family.Utilities include Water,Trash,Sewer,Gas,Fast internet with a friendly community of neighbors.. Portions of activities such as passages, bingo, clutch of the coffee, divided groups that roll and for every holiday. The restaurants, supermarket, the post office and the warehouses are within distance that walks Etc....

MODE OF REGISTRATION
A)Tenants will supply his/her details which will be forwarded to prepare the contract documents..
B)Tenants will email a confirmation message to me to confirm that he/she received the contract documents.
C)Tenants will print out the Contract Documents and then Sign it.
D)Tenants will pay the payment via western union money transfer,the receipt will be attached to the contract documents and scan back to me for confirmation and proper documentations of the contract documents
Please read through the email carefully and if you agree with the terms of the email, I want you to provide me with the following details to prepare the contract documents. Please provide me with details bellow.
RENT APPLICATION FORM.
( Private and Confidential )
1)Your Full Name
2)Your Full Current Address
3)Phone Number & Mobile Number
4)How old are you?
5)Sex
6)How many people will be living in the House?
7)Occupation?
8)When are you ready to Move In? Exact Date?
9)How Many Months are you willing to rent The House?

Looking forward to hearing from you with all this details so that my lawyer can start the preparation of the tenancy agreements contract document and i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the keys to you,please we are giving you all this based on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words,you know that we have not seen yet and only putting everything into Gods hands,so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this.

The house is available for rent at the moment so you are free to move in as soon as you wish to.A Deposit of 600Euro (which happens to be the security deposit) is required before moving in.Feel free to call me for more information and arrangements on how to get the keys and other necessary documents delivered to you.my number (+447012978401). The house will be available for rent for a period of 4 years so you have a choice of deciding how long you intend staying there.

Await your urgent reply so to know if you are ready to take my apartment and you can call me for any other details on my cell phone number below.
+447012978401
Regards
Ronald

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.
Last edited by Con Warner on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed email address

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement

#179005 by Con Warner Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:48 am
A year later from the same email address...
Thanks for your email and interest in renting my apartment..I am the direct owner of the apartment and I resided in the apartment with my family, my wife and my only daughter before,but presently we have moved out due to my transfer from my work now in England,London. Presently my house is still available for rent for 600Euro (per month rent already includes utilities) with the refundable deposit payment of 600Euro .

Please i want you to note that i spent a lot on my property that i want to give to you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own, It is not the money that is the main problem but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up.I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word..

This is the address of the House ( Susannenstrasse 8, Sankt Pauli, Hamburg, Germany..)
AMENITIES
Kitchen,13'0" x 11'0" ( 3.96m x 3.35m ),Reception room 17'0" x 16'0" ( 5.18m x 4.88m ),Bedroom 1 12'10" x 10'5" ( 3.91m x 3.18m )
Bathrooms 6'10" x 5'10" ( 2.08m x 1.78m )It has a dramatic entry foyer with ceramic floor. Extremely spacious rooms throughout with lots of big windows.nice and light! New neutral paint and some newer carpet.....Very quiet, low traffic area. New fridge I believe its absolutely a perfect home for you and your family.Utilities include Water,Trash,Sewer,Gas,Fast internet with a friendly community of neighbors.. Portions of activities such as passages, bingo, clutch of the coffee, divided groups that roll and for every holiday. The restaurants, supermarket, the post office and the warehouses are within distance that walks Etc....

MODE OF REGISTRATION
A)Tenants will supply his/her details which will be forwarded to prepare the contract documents..
B)Tenants will email a confirmation message to me to confirm that he/she received the contract documents.
C)Tenants will print out the Contract Documents and then Sign it.
D)Tenants will pay the payment via moneygram money transfer,the receipt will be attached to the contract documents and scan back to me for confirmation and proper documentations of the contract documents
Please read through the email carefully and if you agree with the terms of the email, I want you to provide me with the following details to prepare the contract documents. Please provide me with details bellow.
RENT APPLICATION FORM.
( Private and Confidential )
1)Your Full Name
2)Your Full Current Address
3)Phone Number & Mobile Number
4)How old are you?
5)Sex
6)How many people will be living in the House?
7)Occupation?
8)When are you ready to Move In? Exact Date?
9)How Many Months are you willing to rent The House?

Looking forward to hearing from you with all this details so that my lawyer can start the preparation of the tenancy agreements contract document and i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the keys to you,please we are giving you all this based on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words,you know that we have not seen yet and only putting everything into Gods hands,so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this.

The house is available for rent at the moment so you are free to move in as soon as you wish to.A Deposit of 600Euro (which happens to be the security deposit) is required before moving in.Feel free to call me for more information and arrangements on how to get the keys and other necessary documents delivered to you.my number ( +448712848528 ). The house will be available for rent for a period of 4 years so you have a choice of deciding how long you intend staying there.

Await your urgent reply so to know if you are ready to take my apartment and you can call me for any other details on my cell phone number below.
+448712848528
Regards
Fred

Using stolen/fake UK passport with the name of "Alan Frederick Hatt" and the number 650554463

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com