Room for Rent and other rental scams

Re:

#177905 by jade235711 Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:14 pm
deleted post
Last edited by jade235711 on Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#178205 by NapaRental Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:08 pm
Funny -- I thought Dr. & Mrs. Lewis was coming to stay with me in Napa. He sent the following reservation request to me 10/2013. Check out his typo in his email address (the one at the bottom).

Lewis Smarty ([email protected])
10/06/13
To: NapaRental
Picture of Lewis Smarty

I am interested, I will be coming on this vacation with my wife
from Canada,our trip will be sponsored by wife financial in united
state having contract with them and payment will be done by US
certified check.please let me have the following information so that
the check can be sent to you.
Name which you want to appear on the check:
Address (not P.O Box):
City
State:
Zip code
Tel
Total Amount
Hope to hear from you soon.

Dr Lewis Smith
200 Elizabeth St
Toronto, ON M5G 2C4

Thanks i have discuss with my wife we all agree to the date
available in your place i will be happy if you can reserve its
for us.,,,,You are to reply back to my email,,, [email protected]
#182596 by Maynard Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:10 pm
Hey,

I had one that tried so many different ways to scam me out of my timeshare and money. Pretty damnable lot so say the least. My best reply was to say how interested I was and to please call me. I gave them the number of the state police and the head of it. I wonder if they will call him???? :=)
#212576 by jenna0811 Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:41 pm
I received something from a Dr. Crystal Diaz stating she had a daughter and needed childcare while in the states, just like all the other emails that have been written on here. It sounded fishy so I googled the name and nothing came up. then I googled the address she left (200 Elizabeth st Toronto) and saw it was a hospital but no affiliation to that name. I wanted everyone to be warned about this new name
- Dr. Crystal Diaz.
I saw all the other names, but not this one. Thank goodness I found this site!
#212607 by Mike Wilson Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:45 pm
Hello jenna0811,
Please post the email along with the email address and any telephone numbers that were used in this scam. This information will make good search keys for others looking for information on this thief.

If you have any additional questions about this scam please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#276775 by Deeanna wilson Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:16 pm
I posted an ad in Craigslist for my chidcare services and received the same. Send me your address and info. Im dr. Saira diaz from toronto canada (200 elizabeth st. )and will be there for a month. My 5 year old daughter will need to be in ur care and i will get my financial benefactor to send you the check immediately to show you how serious I am. Scam scam scam. Nope nope nope