Room for Rent and other rental scams
#132693 by NY2010resident Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:51 pm
<Fake> check scammer.

I am interested in your Ad. Please contact me.
Neetu Singh <[email protected]>
Phone: 9702524181

Tuesday, November 6, 2012
To: xxx
I am interested but i am currently out of town on business and i'll be arriving in a couple of days i am also working on my flight arrangement and securing my job so you can imagine how hectic it is for me right now ,i think the place and location is perfect for me and i am planning on staying as long as its available.. I want to secure the place upon my arrival, this is a way of helping me due to my hectic schedule.My Client will send you an over payment that will cover the rent and my flight expenses in which you will deduct the rent and the balance will be remitted to my Travelers Agent as regards of my flight schedule to be arranged next week i am sure i can trust you..My phone number is 856 617 1195 since im out of town you cant reach me because of network coverage but i do receive text messages.My client will issue out payment to you to cover the rent upon my arrival.He'll be paying via check to confirm i am taking the place , let me have your full name and address to ensure the check is delivered to you safely..

Thanks.
NEET.
Last edited by NY2010resident on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#142358 by AdiLA Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:25 am
This is definitely a scam.... I too got this mail ....

Thanks for your response , I am interested but i am currently out of town in mexico for my project and i'll be arriving in a couple of days i am also working on my flight arrangement and securing my job so you can imagine how hectic it is for me right now ,i think the place and location is perfect for me and i am planning on staying as long as its available.. I want to secure the place upon my arrival, this is a way of helping me due to my hectic schedule.

My Client will send you an over payment that will cover the rent and my flight expenses in which you will deduct the rent and the balance will be remitted to my Travelers Agent as regards of my flight schedule to be arranged next week i am sure i can trust you..He will issue out payment to you to cover the rent upon my arrival.i'll be paying via check to confirm i am taking the place , let me have your full name and address to ensure the check is delivered to you safely..
Thanks.
Neet.

Kindly beware of these kind of mails ...... One suggestion: Do not provide details unless you can connect with the individual via phone and its imp to do a bit of background check , as much as possible.
If you cannot do a confident background check , then you should definately meet the person , without giving your complete name. You can use a nick name.
You need to be safe when dealing with all this , thus protect yourself by not letting out much info...
#145999 by basavaraj_m Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:01 am
Hi,

Thanks for quick response.
I have the fake check that this person sent and it is more than what I had asked for. He also asked me to deposit the check and provide the difference to him/her. I have done that. Should I take this check to police and report the scammer?