Room for Rent and other rental scams
#132726 by Con Warner Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:54 pm
Subject: RE: EUR159 / 3br - Experience an exceptional stay in this sumptuous loft in the heart of- (Le Marais)
Date: November 6, 2012 11:11
To: Con Warner

Hello,

Fortunately our date is available. (Nov. 12th to Dec. 13th)

Your rent detail:

Rent rate €160 per night

1 month rent is €2,000 at discounted monthly rate

To reserve your date, you are to make a rent deposit of: €1,400

This is made up of a 50% of your original rent: €1,000

And a refundable damage security deposit of: €400 (refunded in cash at point of checking out)

More pictures are attached below

Review Submitted: June 19, 2012 Date of Stay: June 2012

Molly from Sydney, Australia

We had a great 4 days in Paris staying at the Rue des Ecouffes, at this apartment. Booking the place was so easy, everything was done online and the email responses were always so prompt!

We were greeted at the apartment, and were given great tips about the area. It is just so central and very easy to go to all the major attractions, especially Place des Vosges, Place Beaubourg and its famous Café overlooking the Pompidou Center. The apartment is spacious enough for 6 adults to stay there for their holiday.

Everything was great! Would highly recommend this apartment!

Apartment address is: 23 Rue des Ecouffes, 75004 Paris, France. Nearest Metro is the ‘Saint-Paul metro’ at about 4 minutes walk to the apartment

If you wish to secure your date, let me know so I can forward you a contract form and payment information.

Regards

Pascal

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement