Room for Rent and other rental scams
#133463 by Con Warner Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:28 am
Subject: Re: SGD100 / 1br - 550ft² - !!!!!!!!!!!Newly Decorated Apartment!!!!!!!!!!! (singapore, singapore, singapore)
To: Con Warner

LARRY’S PLACE

Apartment Ads: http://singapore.craigslist.com.sg/vac/3356298438.html

THANKS FOR CHOOSING MY APARTMENT: 1 BEDROOM - SLEEPS UP TO 4

Apartment Address: 11 Orchard Turn Singapore 238800.

RATE: SGD 100 per night (VAT inclusive)

AVAILABILITY FOR YOUR DATE: 18/12/2013 – 05/01/2013 (18 nights): AVAILABLE

BOOKING TERMS:

*A deposit of 50% of total rate is made on demand of the apartment booking.

*Balance to be made at arrival.

*A basic surcharge deposit of SGD 400, to be refunded at departure hence no major damage is done.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
YOU’RE BOOKING:

@ SGD 100 per night, for 18 nights: SGD 1800

Discount of $400

Actual rate: SGD 1400

50% Deposit: SGD 700

Surcharge deposit: SGD 400

ADVANCE DEPOSIT FOR YOUR BOOKING: = SGD 1100

Note: Payment has to be made before I can secure you date.

The apartment is not a shared apartment and there are fresh linens and towels, washing machine, pool are included in the apartment.

MRT is 5 mints from my apartment building.

SERVICES INCLUDED DURING YOUR STAY: * An English speaking person will greet you upon arrival to answer any questions you may have, and will offer you some thoughts and suggestions on shopping, restaurants, sight-seeing and shows.

Offering free shuttle from the airport.

There are no additional fees included in the price.

I will like to give u two of our tenants who visited last.

Mr. Charles and his wife visited for 7 nights: [email protected]

Flori K Essen and her boyfriend with a friend visited for 4 nights: [email protected]

Attach are more pictures to the apartment.

Get back to me as soon as you can if still interested, so as to get the Agreement Booking Form.

Sincerely,
Larry.

This person asks for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent (for a property that he does not own) due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer either to him, his lawyer, your friend or a family member.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, this person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union or Moneygram with the promise that they will send the keys through a courier company.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement

#159757 by Con Warner Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:38 am
??? Currently asking for payment to a Paypal account...
...To secure your dates you are to pay 50% of the rental fee (SGD 750) plus a (SGD 400) refundable security deposit all in total is (SGD 1150). To hold the apartment down for your dates.

INFORMATION FOR PAYMENT TO SECURE YOUR DATES:

MODE OF PAYMENT: PAYPAL.

PAYPAL ACCOUNT: [email protected]

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
#159862 by Mike Wilson Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:15 am
This email is either from the scammer playing another role or a member of his gang. This is all part of the scam in attempt to make this more believable.

Charles Moore [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: samedi 30 mars 2013 20:51
To: <removed>
Subject: Re: SGD80 / 1br - One bedroom luxury apartment (Singapore)

Hi

Yes, I stayed in the Apartment with my wife and kid for 7 nights. We really enjoyed our stay. The apartment feels like home. The Photos we saw online is the exact pictures of the apartment. Mr. Larry has thoughtfully left everything you need in the apartment Wi-Fi , Hot water including kitchen utensils and even a toolbox in case you need it. The apartment is very clean, cool and quiet. Well conducive for me, wife and kid.

We are keen walkers; the location is great there are lots of restaurants and grocery shops nearby. The most memorable aspect of the apartment is its panoramic view.

The arrangement was perfect. We will go back there for sure and we don't hesitate to recommend it to anyone who wants to visit. It’s the perfect place to relax after an exciting day in Singapore.

I don't think there is anything bad that I experience, the area is safe and good to stay for vacation.

We really appreciate Mr. Larry's Place

The apartment is nice and you will love it.

Charles.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#178022 by Toy Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:00 am
Oh !, why didnt i google his email add before sending 50% DP and security deposit .
i booked last April 2013 for a 4 bedroom apartment at 11 Orchard turn in Singapore . I saw the ad in Craigslist .
Arghhhhhh!