Room for Rent and other rental scams
#21152 by Michelle Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:18 pm
[email protected]

Hi,

I saw your ad on CL and I am interested in taking your place. I am coming over to providence and I am looking for 6-12 months. firstly, I need to know when the room will be ready and if I can secure the room before I arrive? I am coming over to study I am ok with the month rent and ready to move in ASAP. My Dad can make deposit/full payment to secure the room and if there are papers to sign, I will do that when I arrive in person. Also, may I know how close is the house to major places like the banks, grocery stores, shopping malls and church. I would be glad if I get this place ready prior to my arrival so that I'll be stress free and will be rest assured that I have secured a place down.

About me, My name is Shirley and I am 24 years old. I am from Dublin, Ireland. I was born and raised here.I live with my Dad, and my elder brother. I usually get along with everyone. I'm not harsh (or an asshole) but if you ask me a question I will give you an honest answer. I also enjoy the outdoors but am just as content to hang out inside. I can't live without music or movies, they are my therapy. I have learned to appreciate all genres of both. I am pretty melow and always take things easy, i try to keep away from drama because its just a waste of time. I do not smoke but dont mind people who do around me. I like to see things kept neat and clean.

In my free time I enjoy watching sports, hanging out at home, barbecuing and being active in the outdoors . I drink socially, but I am not a partier. Also, i am very reliable, very independent, responsible and loyal. If you're interested please e-mail me and let me know a little bit more about yourself as well as any other questions you may have.

Thanks and good luck!
Shirley

Followed by:

Hi ,

Thanks you for getting back to me with the information that I have requested from you. I like the place and ready to move in, but I won't be coming until Jan 25. I am looking for a room I can secure down so that I can send over my stuffs before hand and room will be ready upon my arrival. If you are ok with this, you can provide me with your full name and contact address, a check will be sent to you to secure the room, which will take few business days to deliver. My dad will be responsible for the payment and he wanted to know if utilities are also included in the rent. I got my bachelor degree here in Dublin, now coming to the US to further study.

More so, I map quested the location and I could see that its close to major places I will be needing, like the grocery stores, movies and bank. I like it already with the way you have described it. I mind my own business and don't like to bug people. I respect others, and their space. Are there any car parking space or its just street parking? I hope there are places around that I can get TV and some electronics ? What about the room? does it need new painting and curtains ?

I have my furnitures and my car to send over prior to my arrival. I am planning on having them delivered to the house before my arrival so that i can settle in comfortably. you can understand that transiting across Atlantic is not easy so we are making arrangement with Shipper to deliver my stuffs before my arrival after the rent has been paid. I will ask you for a favor here, can we rely on you to take delivery of the furniture and car for me? We will instruct the shipping agent to contact you to schedule a delivery date and time that will be convenient for you to receive the furniture and car. I will really appreciate if you can do this for me. If you have some pics you can send over, that would be great...its always nice to put a face with a name

Let me know your thoughts !

Warmest Regards
Shirley

Advertisement