Room for Rent and other rental scams
#21607 by tmp Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:54 am
email address: sandra.evelyn02 <[email protected]>
text:
Hi,
How are you? Hope you are doing good. I saw your posted advert on Internet that you have a room available for rent with brief description but I still want to confirm the availability of the place and I will appreciate to know more about you , the neighborhood and utilities, as I'll need to have a place as soon as possible ...

About me, I am half Brit from dad and half Asian from mum, a science teacher,mostly spend my time in the laboratory experimenting,divorced female of 31 yrs,I am educated(undergraduate and post graduate degree), am very active in sport (ski, surf,swimming),a good Christian,very low key and relaxed to live with. I DON'T smoke nor drink and I DON'T mind if flat mates do, I DON'T have a pet also.

Presently staying at 161 Gavestone Rd, Greenwich, London SE12,England,united Kingdom,home contact number(+447024052366).....I'll let You know more about me if I can know the availability of the room.

I have been introduced to different landlord and room owners but they don't seem easy to get along with, I hope we can get along well as I wait to read from you soon via email.

Thanks and best regards,
Sandra.

Quotes added, and title amended for clarity - Michelle
Advertisement

#21610 by Dotti Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:46 am
Thank you for posting this definite scam.

The 44-70 redirect number used to make unsuspecting victims believe the scammer is actually in UK is a dead giveaway, and of course the English is not consistent with someone who was supposedly raised in the UK. A real scientist would not claim they spend their time "experimenting" either--but someone who doesn't know a thing about science would.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.