Room for Rent and other rental scams
#145128 by Con Warner Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:16 am
Date: January 15, 2013, 11:11
To: Con warner
Subject: Re: $1000 / 3br - Wonderful cozy and charming singel family house in the desirable area (Orange, CA)
Reply-To: Steven Padilla <[email protected]>

Hello Dear,
It's my great pleasure that you are interested in our lovely 3br/2ba home for rent. I am Rev Steven Padilla owner of this home. Actually we resided in this home before and presently we have packed out due to me and my wife transfer as a matter of my profession on a campaign tagged"Empowering the Widow and the Needy"... And my wife who is a missionary dealing with Bible Translation and literacy worldwide.

We will be serving for a long term and now our home is locked up now and presently we have found a new home here which we will be staying for a very long term which might last 10 years in (West Africa) NIGERIA and presently our lovely home is still available for rent for ($1000) as your monthly rent including the utilities like washer,dryer,fireplace,fenced backyard, internet access and garage...

While the deposit fee ($500) and your first month rent fee ($1000) comes up as the first down payment and move in fee which you will make to receive the keys and other necessary documents that you will use in moving into our home,so after the payment the keys and other documents will be send to your full home address provided in the filling out of your application form via FedEx. So as soon as you receive the keys and documents you can move in at your own convince time. I was just shipped back my keys due to the fact that i lost my mother in a car accident and she has been the one showing the place and that is the reason why i have the keys here with me.

More so,Now that we are on a retreat program over here. Please I want you to note that all we will want is a very honest and caring person, so i will solicit for your absolute understanding and maintenance of this home and want you to treat it as your own,I hope that is taken. The money is not the main problem but i want you to keep it tidy and clean always. I also want you to let me have trust in you as i have always stand on my word.

Please feel free to call me on my cell phone : 011-234-706-972-8308 OR +234-706-972-8308

House Address: 235 S Lincoln St Orange, CA
3 Bedrooms / 2 Bathrooms

House Information
Date Available: Available for move in immediately
Utilities Included in Rent? All Included
Is your deposit Required? Yes
Rent: $1000/month
Deposit fee: $500
Total Cost To Move In: $1500
Car Garage
Water: City Sewer: City
Air Conditioning: Central Gas A/C

Lease Information
Minimum Lease Stay: 3months - 10 Year Minimum
Option to Renew Lease: Renewable Sublet Specifics
Are Smokers Allowed? Smoking Allowed Outside
Are Pets Allowed? Yes Pets Allowed
Basement or Store? Yes
Rent Includes
Electricity Garbage High Speed Internet
Water Cable
Gas Telephone Landscaping

INSIDE FEATURES
Upgraded Carpet
Kitchen: Dishwasher Garbage Disposal Island
Rooms: Bonus Room Laundry Room
Laundry: Washer/Dryer Hookups
Amenities: Air Conditioning Cable Ready Ceiling Fan Heat Walking Closets.

SO IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED PLEASE GET BACK TO ME WITH THE RENT APPLICATION FORM FILLED.EVERY OCCUPANT OVER THE AGE OF 18 MUST FILL OUT THE APPLICATION (EVEN IF MARRIED) PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM COMPLETELY.

***RENT APPLICATION FORM***
FIRST NAME:__________?
MIDDLE NAME:__________?
LAST NAME:__________?
PROFESSION:__________?
PHONE:
(CELL)PHONE__________?
(WORK)PHONE__________?
(HOME)PHONE__________?
KIDS_____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY________
PRESENT ADDRESS:_____________________
CITY:_______________
STATE:______________
ZIP CODE:____________
HOW LONG?___________IF RENTING
WHY ARE YOU LEAVING__________?
IF THIS HOUSE IS BEING GIVEN TO YOU,
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING?____________?
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN?______________?
HOW SOON DO YOU INTEND PAYING FOR THE TOTAL MOVE IN COST ?______________________?
HOW SOON DO YOU INTEND TO RECEIVE THE KEYS/DOCUMENTS?______________________?
IF YOU HAVE A PET,
NAME OF PET:_____________?
KIND OF PETS:_____________?
HABITS
DO YOU SMOKE______________ ?
DO YOU DRINK______________?
DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT?____?

Now we are on a Retreat program here,please I want you to note that all we will want is a very honest and caring person,so i solicit for your absolute understanding and maintenance of our house and want you to treat it as your own if rented out to you,I hope this is taken. Look forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.

Thanks and God Bless you
Rev Steven Padilla
Cell #: 011-234-706-972-8308 OR +234-706-972-8308

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement