Room for Rent and other rental scams
#148698 by Con Warner Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:36 am
Date: February 3, 2013, 11:11
To: Con Warner
Subject: Re: 3 br/ 1+1Ba single family house
Reply-To: T C <[email protected]>

Good day,
Thank you for your response regarding to my AD posted on craigslist. The house is still available. However i was on a research trip to McDonough, GA as a Consulting Engineers for International Projects and this is going to last for years and because of my long stay in McDonough, GA that is why i am renting out my house and i need a responsible person or family that can take a very good care of the house on my behalf. I came over here with my family and i am not using any realtor or any agency company for my property because i have withdrew my keys and the house documents from them due to the inability of the people to rent my house regarding the price and that was the reason why i reduced the price to a lowest and affordable range. You can send me a text message on this number (402) 519-4038, because right now, i can only receive or send message due to the job or you can leave a voice message and i will get back to you asap..Please bear with me so that we can understand each other regarding to the rental..

Below are the description and the address of the house..

Number of Bedrooms: 3

Number of baths: 1

Square footage: 1,800

Pets are allowed!!!

Utilities: Already taking care of in the Rent

Rent Fund: $550

Refundable security Deposit: $550

House Address: 2407 Arlington Avenue S Birmingham, AL 35205

Available :AVAILABLE FOR MOVE IN IF YOU HAVE YOUR PAYMENT NOW!!

Note that you can only drive by to see the EXTERIOR PART of the house because i traveled with the keys and i will be shipping the keys and the house documents to you via FedEx If you are still interested my house.
If you are interested in renting my house, kindly fill the Rental Application Form below and mail it back to me for further discussion, alright!!

RENTAL APPLICATION FORM

Full Name__________________________________________________

Home Phone ( ) _______________________

Date of Birth_________________________________

Other Phone ( ) ___________________

Current Address_______________________________Apt#________

City__________________ State______ Zip________

Reasons for Leaving____________________________Rent $__________

Are you married____________________________

How many people will be living in the house____________________________

Do you have a pet___________________________

Do you have a car____________________________

Occupation____________________________

How long do you want to rent this home_____________________

Move In Date___________________________

Do you have the payment with you_____________________

How soon can you pay the deposit_____________________

Reference Contact Name and Address if Any_____________________

0ne attached of your photograph if any!!!

Thanks and God bless you and your family,
Tammy Cousin & Family.
Text me now (402) 519-4038

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement