Room for Rent and other rental scams
#22514 by Michelle Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:09 am
Date: Feb 17, 2010 6:29 PM
Subject: Re: Reply to your ad: Beautiful 2bedroom House For Rent In Sheffield
To: Michelle

Thanks for your email and interest in renting my house..I am Mike Jolly ,the owner of the house you are making enquiry of...Actually I resided in the house with my family, my husbad and my only daughter before and presently we have moved out due to my transfer from my work now in Warsaw,Poland. Presently my house is still available for rent for £200(rent already includes utilities).Moreso Now, i'm currently in Lagos,Nigeria for an international Christian follower's crusade. Pls i want you to note that,i am a kind, honest and trustworthy Woman and also i spent a lot on my property that i want to give to you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own, It is not the money that is the main problem but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up.I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word. This is the address of the House: {204A Oakbrook Rd Nethergreen, Sheffield, S11 7ED }Rowan Tree Road, Killamarsh, Sheffield}

..It has a Lovely home in a nice neighbourhood. is known for excellent schools. Conveniently located with nearby shopping centers, hospitals, free ways and public transportation. This is a must see. Amenities W/D Hookups Central Heat & A/C Granite Tiled Fireplace Ceiling Fans Vaulted Ceilings Cable Available Broadband Available
Custom Drapes in Living Room, Dining Room, & Master Bedroom Blinds
SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE
RENT APPLICATION FORM.
FIRST NAME:__________?
MIDDLE NAME:__________?
LAST NAME:__________?
PROFESSION:__________?
PHONE:
(CELL)PHONE__________?
(WORK)PHONE__________?
(HOME)PHONE__________?
KIDS _____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY ________
PRESENT ADDRESS: _____________________
CITY: _______________
STATE:______________
ZIP CODE: ____________
HOW LONG? ___________IF RENTING
WHY ARE YOU LEAVING__________?
IF THIS HOUSE IS BEING GIVEN TO YOU,
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING? ____________?
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN? ______________?

Looking forward to hearing from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file incase of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you...Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the keys to you,please we are giving you all this based on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words,you know that we have not seen yet and only putting everything into Gods hands,so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this... The house is available for rent at the moment so you are free to move in as soon as you wish to...A Deposit of £150 (which happens to be the first months rent) is required before moving in...Feel free to call me for more information and arrangements on how to get the keys and other necessary documents delivered to you...my number is (+2348191284566 The house will be available for rent for a period of 4 years so you have a choice of deciding how long you intend staying there..

Thanks And God Bless You.

Advertisement

#22575 by Michelle Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:27 pm
Follow up mail :-

Ellen Peter < [email protected] >
to Michelle
date 18 February 2010
subject Here are the contents of the document.
mailed-by yahoo.com
Signed by yahoo.com

Hello Michelle
that you will never regret taking my place, we are also doing well , and i will call you as soon im back from the shipping agent company.I have taken time to go over your documents and i am so impressed and can't stop having the feeling that my place will be well kept by you as promised, and more so something came to my mind and i felt it'll be better to discuss it with you. Well I’m sure I’ll have you wondering what it is...LOL. Anyways its not something serious, i just wanted to know if you could provide me with one or a couple of your picture so as for me to have an idea who my new tenant is and how you look like.and i have attach my fmily pic also for you to view it and the house picture andI'm willing to keep this as a means of recognition pending the time we'll meet as this will even make it easier for me to quickly identify you by the time i come for a visit in the
nearest future. Also in the attachment you'd find some a recent picture of me. I wish you all the best and good fortunes as you move into my house . I will like to congratulate you once again and although we have many people who wanted to rent our house , we are happy that we are finally renting it out to you, Your interest from the start shows your willingness to live in our house and we believe you will enjoy and love it when you finally move in The cost for you to move into the house is £200 for the rent ,I would be sending the house key's and documents to you via DHL EXPRESS to the address you filled in the application form and the shipment tracking number will be emailed to you so that you can track it to know the exact time the package will be delivered to you the next day. Below are the document I will be shipping to you once i have received the payment from you and I hope you understand that you will not be able to view the inside of the house in person for now because I have just moved to West Africa Nigerai and I have the keys here with me. We tried to look for an agent that we could give the document & the keys before we left but could not find any as a matter of urgency. And we as well don't want our home misused in our absence that is why we took the keys and documents along with us. So I hope you will promise us to take very good care of the house always.

Here are the contents of the document.

1)Entrance and The Rooms Keys
2)Paper/Permanent house Form(Containing your reference details)
3)The house Documentary File.
4)Payment Receipt.
5)Full Address and Description of The house
6)A Copy Of The Lease Agreement Form

Once i receive the payment confirmation from you, I will get the keys shipped to you Immediately through DHL courier service {Overnight Delivery} and the shipment tracking number will be emailed to you so that you can know the exact time the package will be delivered to you so that you can move in at your own convenience time. I look forward hearing from you today if i should send you the information and if this is ok by you ok just get back to me so we can move to the next step okay

matthew 15:1 -whatever you eat will shape your personality

Thanks

#22605 by Michelle Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:34 am
And then the mail giving the instructions for where the payment should be sent :-

from Ellen Peter < [email protected] >
to Michelle
date 18 February 2010
subject PAYMENT INFORMATION CALL ME ASAP
mailed-by yahoo.com
Signed by yahoo.com

Thanks for your mail. I'm happy to hear that you are willing to proceed with the Keys and the document and i will be happy to talk to you on phone okay Pls i want you to note that,i am a kind, honest and trustworthy Woman and also i spent a lot on my property that i want to give to you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own, It is not the money that is the main problem but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up.I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word. and i just call my wife and told her she has try to call your number but was not going that why she ask me to call you and Micheal i want you to keep to your promise by takeing very good care of the house ok as soon you get the keys and the document at your location ok and i have the keys and the documents ready for shipment. I will like you to go ahead and send the payment to the below information via Western Union Outlet Near You Okay to the shipping agent

Receiver's Name: Simon Thomas Martinez
Address:28 Old Steine, Ikeja Church Road, Lagos, Nigeria
Kindly get back to me with the below information as soon as you send the money via Western Union
Sender's Name:
Sender's Address:
MTCN # (10 Digit):
Amount Sent: £200

Once I receive the payment confirmation from you, I will get the keys shipped to you through DHL courier service {Overnight Delivery} and the shipment tracking number will be emailed to you so that you can know the exact time the package will be delivered to you so that you can move in at your own convenience time.+2348191284566 0r 0012348191284566 and i will pick it or my husbad okay and send me the information on phone or by email asap so we can carry out the shippment tonight and you will get it the next day ok...

Regards