Room for Rent and other rental scams
#150220 by cantoccini Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:42 pm
Hallo,

Zunächst einmal tut mir sehr leid für mein schlechtes Deutsch.
Mein Name ist Buntschu Alexander , und ich bekam gerade ein E-Mail, bezüglich Ihres Interesses an meiner Wohnung in Rieterstrasse 21 , 8002 Zürich , Switzerland.
Ich suche nach jemandem, um in meiner Wohnung zu leben, weil meine Firma eine Versteigerung für ein großes Aufbau-Projekt in Liverpool, Vereinigtem Königsreich gewonnen hat. Ich bin ein Projektmanager in Tiefbau, so dass meine Anpassungsperiode hier (mehr als 4 Jahre) sehr groß sein wird. Ich kaufte diese Wohnung, als ich in Zug arbeitete, weil ich einen Vertrag des 4 Jahres dort hatte, würde, es denkend, eine bessere Investition sein als Mieten.
Ich bin der einzige Eigentümer, die Wohnung ist voll einbezahlt und es gibt keine rechtlichen Probleme. Die Wohnung ist leer, da ich dort nicht mehr leben.
Ich möchte meine Wohnung, um ein paar nette und verantwortliche Personen zu vermieten, so würde ich gerne mehr Details über sich selbst wissen: Wie alt sind Sie, wenn Sie verheiratet sind, wenn Sie ein Haustier haben, wenn Sie ein Auto, Beruf etc.. Ich muss sagen, dass ich nichts gegen die Tatsache, dass du ein Student bist und ich liebe Tiere, und sie sind in der Wohnung willkommen gewesen. Sie sollten auch wissen, dass ich die Aufrichtigkeit zu schätzen wissen.
Hier sind einige Informationen über mich und über die Wohnung, so wussten wir, ein wenig mehr.
Die Wohnung befindet sich genau in die Bilder wie, voll möbliert, komplett ausgestattet, so dass Sie nicht brauchen etwas in Bewegung (Sie können auch Ihre eigenen Sachen Möbel, wenn Sie haben).
Die monatliche Miete beträgt 885HF inkl. Nebenkosten (Wasser, Strom, Internet, Kabel, ein Parkplatz). Mieten Sie die Wohnung auf unbestimmte Zeit, aber für einen Mindestzeitraum von 3 Monaten.
Über mich, ich bin 36 Jahre alt, ledig Mann, und wie oben erwähnt ich ein Projekt-Manager in Hoch-und Tiefbau, lebe derzeit in Liverpool, Großbritannien. Sie können in die Wohnung ziehen am gleichen Tag erhalten Sie die Schlüssel. Ich bin bereits in Großbritannien, aber ich dachte schon an einer Lösung, so dass Sie die Schlüssel bekommen und besuchen Sie die Wohnung, um einen Eindruck zu machen.
Ich schätze Ihr Interesse an meiner Wohnung, und ich freue mich auf unsere künftige Zusammenarbeit und Freundschaft.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Alexander
Advertisement

#150225 by Dotti Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:09 pm
This is the standard first email of a scam. The scammer just used google translate to translate it to German. I have used Google translate to translate it back to English below.

Next, the scammer would tell you that the keys are in his possession, and suggest a way to get them to you that involves you paying in advance.

In fact, a quick search shows this exact same "Liverpool" story mentioned in this article about real estate scams:

http://www.welt.de/regionales/hamburg/article106352057/Mietbetrug-im-Internet-nimmt-zu.html

Could you please post the email address this scammer is using?

Google translated email:
First of all, I'm very sorry for my bad German.
My name is Alexander Buntschu, and I just got an e-mail, regarding your interest in my apartment in Rieterstrasse 21, 8002 Zurich, Switzerland.
I am looking for someone to live in my apartment, because my company has won an auction for a large construction project in Liverpool, united kingdom. I am a project manager in civil engineering, so here is my adaptation period (over 4 years) to be very large. I bought this house when I was working in the train, because I have a contract the 4 year there was, would, thinking it may be a better investment than renting.
I am the only owner of the apartment is fully paid up and there are no legal problems. The apartment is empty, because I no longer live there.
I want my apartment to rent some nice and responsible people, I would like to know more details about: How old are you, if you are married, if you have a pet if you are a car, etc., professional . I must say that I do. Nothing against the fact that you're a student and I love animals, and they have been welcome in the apartment You should also know that I appreciate the honesty.
Here are some information about me and about the apartment, so we knew a little more.
The apartment is located right in the pictures, fully furnished, fully equipped, so you do not need something in motion (you can also add your own stuff furniture, if you have).
The monthly rent is 885HF including utilities (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking). Rent apartment that. Indefinitely, but for a minimum period of 3 months
About me, I am 36 years old, unmarried man, and as I mentioned above, a project manager in building and construction, currently living in Liverpool, UK. You can move into the home on the same day you receive the keys. I'm already in the UK, but I was already thinking of a solution so that you can get the keys and visit the home to make an impression.
I appreciate your interest in my apartment, and I look forward to our future cooperation and friendship.

Sincerely,
Alexander

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#150229 by Dotti Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:25 pm
Chances are, that is not his real name, even though it is the name of a real person.

Scammers often use the names of people they previously scammed or tried to scam. Sometimes, they just use real names they saw online.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#260818 by Tmeik Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:44 am
Thanks Google.

First, I am Alexander Buntschu or i was before i married my Husband.
I believe my German is better than my English. Second no i am not Stupid, so when i would do that i would not use my real name.

I fall on something like that, another person had a nice flat in zurich but it was just scam, so he came on my name ( i mean otherwise u just go to facebook and take one)

I would be happy if you can Delete this thread... It is Destroy from Reputation under wrong circumstances..

Thank you..
#260822 by AlanJones Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:51 am
Tmeik wrote:Thanks Google.

First, I am Alexander Buntschu or i was before i married my Husband.
I believe my German is better than my English. Second no i am not Stupid, so when i would do that i would not use my real name.

I fall on something like that, another person had a nice flat in zurich but it was just scam, so he came on my name ( i mean otherwise u just go to facebook and take one)

I would be happy if you can Delete this thread... It is Destroy from Reputation under wrong circumstances..

Thank you..

Is this your email address - [email protected]? if not then they are just using a name that used to be yours - scammers use lots of people's names.

This thread won't be deleted as it is factually accurate and is here for victims to find if they are corresponding with someone using the email address [email protected] who claims to be Alexander Buntschu

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#260844 by Tmeik Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:18 pm
Nope i never used Gmail... My email adress is Hotmail.com , Gmx.net or windowslive.com never used google