Room for Rent and other rental scams
#23400 by Michelle Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:36 pm
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010
To: Michelle
Subject: ***Good News*** You Have Been Approve As Our New Tenant

Hello Michelle

Thanks for getting back to me, Am very happy to hear back from you, The Rent is £300 Including Utilities, but i want you to know that all your info is okay by us,and you have qualified to be our new tenant definitely we must give you our house for rent.. More over we can see your willingness in this rent, We shall be giving you our property for rent,. Please again take very good care of our Property, I have read your mails and i see that you are a responsible person that i can trust with all my heart. Reading through your mails I discovered that you would be a trustworthy person. You are the type of tenant we have been looking for and I want you to sticks on your words as a good responsible and trustworthy person that I can trust with all my hearts. so i promise to give the my apartment to you because there is a lot of inquiry on the apartment and i know you will love the interior of the apartment when you move in. I want you to have it in mind that am sending the keys and the documents of the apartment to you via Dhl Next day Delivery before your move in date.

Here are the contents of the packages that will be delivered to you.
1) Entrance and the rooms Keys.
2)Permanent house form(Containing your reference details).
3)House Document.
4)Receipt for 1st Month Deposit.

I will take the key and document to Dhl courier service office as soon as you are ready with the deposit, i will book for delivery of the packages to you, so kindly send me your delivery address, because it is so important.

We will have our property documents send to you based on trust and hope you will not disappoint us on this?, Please always make our property neat and tidy, because I worked very hard to get this property that am giving you for rent, and also I don't want my property to be use anyhow in presence of my life..... hope you will help me treat my property like your own?. Make a promise to me. May I ask you, Are you ready for deposit now? because i see from your application filled that you want to move in as soon as possible, Let me know in your next email, so i can have the keys and document package for shipment to your delivery address, Get back to me so i can forward you my information on you will be making the payment, Hope to read back from you soon if possible today.

My Regards,

Toni

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement