Room for Rent and other rental scams
#23401 by Michelle Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:46 pm
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 14:43:03 -0800 (PST)
To: Michelle
Subject: Re: Reply to your ad: 2 bedroom flat furnished luton

Hello,
Thanks for the mail,I am looking for responsible tenants that he/she is going to take care of the apartment as if were is own and he/she will be willing to make the apartment clean as we left it and i am have been transfered by my company to our head
quarters in 10 Cyril Magnin San Francisco, CA 94102 and won't be coming to the
apartment until two years now and that means you are renting the apartment for long term and short term lease is also acceptable.
200POUNDS PER MONTH
#2BED ROOM
# ·Sheets & Blankets
# ·Single Bed
# ·Wardrobe
The Livingroom
# ·DVD
# ·Iron
# ·Sofa
# ·Video
# ·Furnished
# ·TV
# ·Internet Connection
The Kitchen
# ·Plates & cutlery
# ·Washing Machine
# ·Fridge
# ·Electric Hob
# ·Microwave
# ·Furnished
# ·Dishwasher
# ·Oven
General Description
# ·Gas Heating
# ·Furnished
# ·Porter
# ·Air Conditioning .
The Apartment is furnished flat,
document meant for the apartment and the reason is that i tried to find an agent but couldn't see a trustworthy agent that was why.I will like you to get back to me how you can keep my apartment clean and your experience with renting a house or apartment.i look
forward to hearing from you ASAP so that i can forward you an application to fill
out and discuss on how to get the apartment for rent,also are you
ready to rent it now or when? Thanks, Await your reply.

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement