Room for Rent and other rental scams
#23485 by Michelle Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:50 pm
from Osborne Amstrong < [email protected] >
sender time Sent at 16:29 (GMT+01:00).
to Michelle
date 1 March 2010 16:29
subject Re: Reply to your ad: 2br - Spectacular Apartment Available For Rent In Portsmouth
mailed-by gmail.com
Signed by gmail.com

hide details 16:29 (17 minutes ago)

Hello Dear,
Thanks for your email response, i am so excited you are interested in my home which i am giving out for rent. Actually the apartment is still very much available for rent. I resided in the apartment with my only daughter Melissa.before i relocated to West Africa Nigeria due to my new post as the leading Evangelist here with MISSIONARY CHURCH.

The apartment is available for £320 per month including the utilities, which i think is not too much, i just need someone with an open heart,love and clean to occupy the home and put all my worries off concerning the maintainnance of the home. Since i am not residing there again.

The accommodation comprises of 2Bedrooms, 2Bathroom. The room is(17'0x16'0), kitchen breakfast room (13x11), bedroom 1(12'10x10'5),bathroom and a separate WC.Facilities Internet connection,Electronics like satellite TV and which you have to pay for the subscription, a Sony DVD player, air conditioning, alarm system ETC.The kitchen is fully equipped with all necessary cooking utensils,a refrigerator-freezer, four-hob and oven, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine. Also the keys to the home are right here with me, and the document. Which i can send to you after all necessary agreement has be accomplished. Also i will like you to know that the rent charges is not really the issue , but your absolute maintenance of the home, because that is the only valuable property. So i wouldn't want an violation of my property if finally rented by you. I will like you to treat the home as your own okay.here is the application form

===RENT APPLICATION FORM PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL=====

Also,Pls answer these questions below:

1)Your Full Name_______________

2)Present Address(where you reside now) & Phone Number__________

3)How old are you ________________

4)Are you married __________________

5)How many people will be living in the apartment _______________

6)Do you have a pet _____________________

7)Do you have a car ______________________

8 )Occupation ____________________________

9)What is your religion _____________________

10)How long are you willing to stay ________________

11)When do you intend to move in _______________________

12)One month deposit needed ____________________

13) Pictures of all the Occupant that will stay in my apartment

Here is the apartment Location: 1 Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth PO1 3FR

Best Regards
Thanks

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#23962 by Scully Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:47 am
Hello,
I had found this scam and thought it was too good to be true. Luckily I did a search on google and found this site!!! Here is the second response I received from this scammer.

Hello .
Thank you very much for your reply l can see your willingness in this house I want you to know that i am satisfied with your profile and l also believe l can have trust in you.l want you to know that you have been qualify for the rent and i can let you stay in my house till the period of time you wish to. I want you to know that the rent fee is among the flat utilities so you can use them anytime but make sure you take proper care of my properties.We will come and pay you a visit after you have moved into our home to see how you are maintaining it, 1st Month Rent Payment have to be Deposit to me or my secretary via Western Union or Money Gram Nearest to you and as soon as my secretary confirm the payment the keys and the documents of the house will be send to your current address so i will like you to provide me the address you want the keys and the document to be ship out to via DHL
because its reliable,secured and fast,l wish you best of luck in your work, from your profile l can see that you are responsible and a hard working person may the almighty Lord lead you in what ever you wish to do.
Amenities
.............................. ............
# Bedroom
# Bathroom
# Extra Toilet
# Extra Guest Room
# Sofa Bed
# Bed Linen
Accommodation Features
.............................. .....................
Wood Floor
Heater
Central Heating
Equipped Kitchen
TV: Cable/Satellite TV
Video/Stereo
Internet
Air Conditioning
Full Kitchen
Refrigerator
Garage/Car park
pets allowed
Kitchen Features
...................... ...........
Washing machine
Juice Machine
Iron
Toaster
Oven
Dishwasher
Coffee Maker
Microwave
Refrigerator
Stove

The rent payment which as agreed is 320 pounds per monthly....We would like to send the following document to you via DHL to your present residential address which you provided to me in your application form and the tracking number will be sent to you so that when you are ready to occupy the place,it will be convenient for you.Once again, we are giving you this on trust and honesty and do not disappoint us and I promise you that you will love the house.

So I have the keys and the receipt for payment will also be made available, which will be packaged together with the package.

Here are the contents of the package.

1)Entrance and the rooms Keys
2)The house documentary file.
3)Payment Receipt.
4)Original signed copy of lease contract agreement

I want you to get back to me with your delivery address of where you want the package to be send to..So fill in your Delivering Information below:

1)Receiver"s Name:
2)Receiver"s Address:
3)Receiver"s Phone #:

So let me know your final decision today so that i can make an arrangement on how the keys and the documents will be shipped to you tonight and you are going to receive them first thing tomorrow
morning,if the deposit payment is sent out today.Once again I'm giving you this Home on trust and do not disappoint me because l don't want my house to be destroyed,no problem if you wish to move in with your own properties.l still have one extra room that is empty so you can easily put my own things that you think you don't need in there.

Let me know if i can forward you the information on where to send the payment via Western union or Money Gram local agent store around you. Once the payment as being confirmed i will send you the tracking number on how to pick the keys/document up. Here is my Contact Phone Number: +2348022412741 or +2348027600398

Hope to read from you soon.

Thanks and God Bless.

Rev Osborne