Room for Rent and other rental scams
#23568 by Michelle Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:13 am
On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Mark F. Rines <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi, Good tidings to you as you read and also for responding to my Advert regarding my lovel home for rent. Here are the details of my flat for rent and am sure you will love everything about this Lovel Home, So attached the pictures of my flat, I am looking for someone who is honest and God fearing people to occupy and take good care of my flat, Well i hope and believe i can trust You, I want you to know that this is 100% legit and secure so be rest assure about this Lovel Home for rent.

Rent Per flat : £94.00 Per Week (£400.00 Per Month) Deposit: £500..00. This home has the 2bedroom master bedroom with a tiled very nice master bathroom and one of the bedrooms on the main level, very open floor plan, Very nice kitchen with granite counter tops, and nice appliances, Large living room with fire place, large finished basement with 2 bedrooms down and full bathroom Quiet country settting easy highway access, 2 car attached garage with automatic opener makes it convenient and secure . All you pay is rent and the apartments take care of the bills. A little about myself... About me, My name is Mark Firnes am 42 yaers old male. I was born in London in the year 08-09-68, I presently live in the United kingdom, with my kids, pets and the love of my life Before and now have packed because of the Relocation of my church so am seeking for someone who is honest and GOD fearing that we take good care of the flat. i don’t smoke, i'm very calm and quiet, i like to keep everything clean and tidy. I'm honest, for me. I am from london (UK). I love travelling,the Opera,playing golf and meeting cool people. People that would have an impact on your life on the way you view things.From my own perspective of life,I take life as something fragile,life is short,so live it. About me Vivacious, spontaneous, at times mischievous thinker with a great sense of humor. I love the outdoors and all it has to offer.I work approx. 60 hours a week so I'm always bussy.

Address: 21 Lipscomb Lane, Shenley Church End Milton Keynes MK5 6JQ, England , United Kingdom

Living Area
* 2 double bedroom - ideal for couples or single family occupancy
* Spacious open plan living, dining room and kitchen areas
* TV/DVD player with Freeview and DVD movies available for your enjoyment.
* Telephone (incoming calls only) with wireless internet access
Dining Area
* Library of novels and local information for your use
* Dining area will comfortably seat 4 people.
Kitchen Area
* Modern fully equipped kitchen which has every possible convenience.
* including a dishwasher, fridge and freezer, and a microwave.
* Washer/dryer located in large utility airing cupboard in the hall
* Optional pre-order grocery service from the supermarket of your choice - you shop - they drop - we put away before your arrival.
* The City is well known for its gastronomic delights and we will be glad to recommend our favourites.

Who
|{iSleeps Where?
Bedroom
* There is a kingsize bed (which can spilt into two singles)
* All bedding & linen are provided.

Sleep more than 2?
* The suede leather sofa bed in the lounge will sleep another 2 guests.
* On your request, we can provide a travel-cot (please bring baby's covers and linen), high-chair and step-up for the little members of your family.
* A further 'put-u-up' folding bed
Bathroom
* The bathroom has a toilet, hand-basin, and a bath with a shower over the bath
Outside Area
* Terrace leading off the living area with views across the roof.
* Shared inner courtyard - provides a pleasant communal environment
* Entryphone system for added security
Parking
* Nearby Carpark

# Excellent curb appeal
# Large family room
# Bedrooms have been freshly painted
# Bright ans sunny bathroom
# SubZero appliances
# House is located in a quiet neighborhood
# Home features a cozy fireplace
# Owner spared no expense remodeling this home

Seeking : - Someone who is easy going, drama free, courteous and responsible. Can you tell me a little about yourself? let me know if you are interested so that we can move on to the next steps.

Thanks and God Bless You.

Second E-mail (there is a very believable tenancy agreement attached)

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 , Mark F. Rines < [email protected] > wrote:

Thanks for the interest in my 2bedroom flat am renting the whole flat, More so when will you be needing this flat? because Now that I am here in London, United kingdom For missionary work... Meanwhile, the issue is that i have been having problems with time wasters in regards of keeping to time and appointment to sort out things...after all there promises to meet up for me to show them around and sort out things,they will not show up...and this is really time wasting because i am presently in London, United kingdom on a missionary work, Rent already includes utilities.. It has a Central Air and Heat,refrigerator,dishwasher,dryer,oven,internet,Cable TV,Air conditioner.....Utilities include: power, water,sewer and trash..Your monthly rent already covers utilities so you do not have to pay extra charges for that.. Please note that the deposit made is fully refundable should in case you finally gain entrance to the house after receiving the keys and documents and feel unsatisfied or uncomfortable with the interior,but i am giving you a benefit of doubt that you will love everything about this lovely home.

The neighborhood is safe and i guess you have heard much about this area before,so its safe, clean area. ............. Yes pets are allowed.

How long do you intend to stay in my flat ?....attached is the tenancy form for you to fill and have it send back to me so that i can arrange on how to get you approved from the city council.

hope to read back from you soon.

God Bless You..............

Regards.

Third e-mail

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 Mark F. Rines < [email protected] > wrote:

As Rent Control apartments become vacant, they normally become subject to Rent Stabilization.I want to let you know that i have just recieve your approval form from the City council just now saying the City Council has accepted that the room be rented out to you with a residency approval, so you are require to Pay the 1month rent plus deposit.

I want you to go to the post office and have the money via western union money transfer to this following details below so that they can send us a rent agreement and receipt on Monday,because immediately you send the money via WESTERN UNION because it is the best ,secure and fast means of sending money.

Mark F. Rines
Millman Street
Off Guilford Street,
London,
WC1N 3EF.

When you have sent it ,i want you to get back to me with me the following

Sender name
Sender addreess
Mtcn Number
Amount sent

So get back to me when Once the money is been sent,so that they can send us the receipt ,residency approval and rent Agreement send you confirmation immediately send the receipt you have to pay the deposit since it is refundable ,if the city council don`t see prove of month rent and deposit, they won`t authorize me to rent the place out to you.
I hope to read from you now
Thanks

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement