Room for Rent and other rental scams
#159487 by scammedinmo Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:12 am

NEVER KNEW THIS EXISTED TILL YESTERDAY....
I was made aware yesterday that on March 19th, someone listed MY :yikes: house for RENT on CL KC (pulled back off when answered) for $600.00/mn including utilities and 24 hr internet and cable.... and woman that contacted the poster was sent an email from a person using "[email protected] as the return info....They gave the story that my husband and I had moved to South Africa for next 2-3 years and needed someone to rent our home...blah blah blah...and even signed it with my real name.....and posted the address of the house!!!

Luckily my house is for sale(I DO NOT LIVE IN SOUTH AFRICA) and the woman that answered that ad was a smart woman that realized if they want deposit sent or wired it's not quite right and she located my house in the real estate for sale section and then called my real estate agent and forwarded her the email information and rental questionaire that was sent to her from this poster...(impostor).

BEWARE OF "[email protected]" OR ANYONE THAT tells you something that sounds too good to be true!!! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Corrected coding. ~Bubbles
Advertisement

#159491 by Clair Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:32 am
Hi scammedinmo, Welcome to Scamwarners and thank you for posting the information. It just may help prevent somebody else from getting scammed.
#159565 by Bubbles Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:41 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners scammedinmo. Sadly scammers do this all of the time. We appreciate that you took the time to post this information to expose this scammer. It will help someone.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#295376 by birnellj94 Wed May 18, 2016 8:28 am
Hello, I think i might have seen this ad for your house on craigslist. Is it a little brown house with stone around the bottom? If you so the same people are at it again.
#295418 by vonpaso xlura Wed May 18, 2016 12:04 pm
The previous post was over three years ago. Please post details about the ad you saw. If you sent an email and got a response, post the response with full headers.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10