#23611 by Michelle Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:54 pm
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 06:11:09 -0800
> From: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: Reply to your ad: ALL INCLUSIVE, BEAUTIFUL 1 Bedroom Apartment
> To: Michelle
>
> How are you?
>
> Thanks for your E-mail and Top of the Day to You, And it is my gladness to hearing from you.
>
> This email is long, but renting it is important to you, and I want to try and give you some insight into who I am and about the home you are renting.
>
> I don't know you personally, but this is overwhelming and you are in my prayers!
>
> About me: Eng. James Hogan, I don't drink and I don't smoke. I am currently 45 years old and married. I have only one child.. I enjoy movies, sports, reading and working out. I'm interesting in a good tenant that will consider the home as his/her personal home and take good care of it.
>
> I am the owner of the Apartment you are making enquiry of. Actually I resided in the Apt with my family, Such as my wife and my only daughter before and presently we had packed out of the apartment due to my transfer from my working place to one of our branch in West Africa and i have a very big project to handle here and this is going to take me a long time, Presently my apt is still available for rent for 200 Pounds Per Month, Including the utilities like hydro,washer and security, And Well Furnished and i am with the Keys and the Documentations to the Apartment. Pls i want you to note that, I am a kind and honest man and also i spent alot on my property that i want to give you for rent, So i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this home and want you to treat it as your own, Is that taken,it is not the money the main problem but want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i came for a check up. I do that
> once in a while, I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word.
>
> The accommodation comprises of 1 Bedrooms, 1Bathroom, living room. The living room is (17'0x16'0), kitchen breakfast room (13x11), bedroom (12'10x10'5), bathroom and a separate WC Facilities and electronics like satellite TV and internet connection, and aSony DVD player, air conditioning, alarm system. The kitchen is fully equipped with all necessary cooking utensils, a refrigerator-freezer, four-hob and oven, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine.
>
> We have each convenience that you could always wish. We have a friendly community of neighbors. Portions of activities such as passages, bingo, klutch of the coffee, divided groups that roll and for every holiday. The restaurants, supermarket,bakeries, pharmacies, cafes, shops, offices and the warehouses are within distance that walks.
>
> Below are the interrior pictures of the apartment and the full address.......

>
> Please feel free to email anytime of the day OR reach my mobile # @ +23414370588 for further discussion.
>
> Looking forward to see your reply so that i can forward you the Rent Application Form so that we can move-on with the renting process.
>
> Thank so much for your interest and you are welcome.
>
> You are blessed in Jesus name.
> Warmest Regard.
> James Hogan

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement