Room for Rent and other rental scams
#23624 by iherndon Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:59 pm
I knew this person was a scammer from the beginning, but I decided to string them along in an effort to make as many of this person's tactics available to others as well as waste their time from focusing efforts on other potential victims. In addition, hopefully others who receive messages from this person will be able to find their way to this forum by doing a google search with the scammers email address in the same way I did when I first found this place and realized someone was trying to scam me for the first time.

This scammers first message was received on 9/13/2009 from [email protected]

Hello,
My name is Lizzy Smirth,I am mailing just to confirm if you still have the room for rent . Here is all I can say about my self for now. I am 27 years old female and I work full time, Monday through Friday.
I was born in Uk/ WODGREEN , but I was brought up in ....I work in Mildmay HIV/AID cure, so we travel alot through this because am one of the perfect workers of the hospital or organisation , now i am now in Uk what we do is to give medicine and to advice those with HIV/AIDS positive , now our next contract is at the state , so i need to move back to the state, so today when i was on the computer i saw your ad on the site that you have a place available to live in which is near to where my next contract in the state is being available ,then i decided to email you to know if the place is still available , and to know more about it ok
i will like you to email me back if you think i will be the best person to rent the it I am not really a srts person , but I do love Hockey Games. I am a very out going person and fun
to be with. I do play organ and piano, and I do have both piano and organ here at my house.I am not a drinker and I don't smoke and I don't do drugs, like bike ridding, swimming, and I love to travel. I am presently in united kingdom and I will be moving to the state to fully start a new life and get my own business after 8 years of service in the HIV/AIDS I will be staying in the Apt/Room for some months even may be up to a year depending on how the lease is drawn i will like you to email me back to my personal([email protected]) mail if you think i will be a good roomie to you , send back to me a message ok.

My first reply

Are you real or just another international scammer? I apologize for the directness, but my last three inquiries have been from people with yahoo/rocketmail email addresses and are coming from another country looking to send a cashiers check that ends up having an over payment on it. Is this something you are planning to do?

This individual never responded back after my first reply. They abandon their efforts as soon as they realize you know what's going on.
Advertisement