Room for Rent and other rental scams
#162388 by Con Warner Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:09 am
Marie Candlin <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

As regard the room that is available for rent..

But firstly, let me introduce my self..
My name is Marie, am 26,easy going, tidy,non smoker female.

I currently work in the DHL which keeps me very busy most of the day. but the most important thing is that, am looking for someone to share daily live and common value. so the ideal person i will like to share my apartment with must be a neat, trust worthy person and there must be a proof that he or she can pay for the monthly rent.

I have one room for rent and it has private Bathroom and Toilet. So the only thing we will have to share together is the kitchen and the living room. if that is ok with you...

The apartment is located at 18 avenue Bosquet, 75007 Paris.. its very close to the metro stations and aswell to the Buses lines which makes the apartment to be accessible.

The House is in a cool quiet vicinity as the house is not close to the major busy roads, and its near to the Supermarket and mall...

The apartment has Washing machine, Dryer, window blinds,Bed spread, TV connected to cable for international tv stations, Internet Connection via wireless, LAN and Broadband for your computer if you have one..

The apartment is well furnished and it has mini parking space that can only take 2-3 cars. So there is no need for you bringing in any furniture as the apartment is well furnished. but you can come along with your furniture if you so wish.

Minimum duration in the apartment is one month and long term stay is welcome in the apartment.

The price for the room:
380 EUR for monthly rent.. (all bills included).
650 EUR Security Deposit..( it will be refunded back to you on your move-out date).

Mode of payment will always be in cash but your first payment will be paid directly to my Family Lawyer for proper procedure.

If you wish To rent or secure the room, you will have to book for it as soon as possible. so that the room can be reserved for you or for your selected date. so you are to pay for a month rent fee(first month) and the security deposit as a first time renter in the room.

So If you are interested in sharing the apartment with me, let me know Few things about you aswell before we proceed..

I wait your responds

Marie

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement

#183509 by nonamename Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:29 am
I got their bank accounts.

Bank1:
Bank Name: Lloyds Bank
Account Name: Kay Ent ltd
Account Number: 35358660
Sort: 779129
IBAN: GB46loyd77912935358660
Swift: Loydgb21J30
Bank address: 120 lewisham high street, London .Se13 6JG

Bank2:
BANK NAME: BANK OF IRELAND
BENEFICIARY NAME: HAVILAH KITCHE
ACCOUNT NO.: 20493914
SORT CODE: 900033
IBAN: IE28BOFI90003320493914
BIC: BOFIIE2D
BANK ADDRESS: O'CONNELL STREET,DUBLIN 1

??? Bank accounts reported - CW
#184245 by nonamename Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:17 pm
The scammer posted on Craigslist in Nov 2013.

Hello,

As regard the room that is available for rent..

But firstly, let me introduce my self..
My name is Marie, am 27,easy going, tidy,non smoker female.

I currently work in the DHL which keeps me very busy most of the day. but the most important thing is that, am looking for someone to share daily live and common value. so the ideal person i will like to share my apartment with must be a neat, trust worthy person and there must be a proof that he or she can pay for the monthly rent.

I have one room for rent and it has private Bathroom and Toilet. So the only thing we will have to share together is the kitchen and the living room. if that is ok with you...

The apartment is located at 37 Rue D'aboukir, 75002 Paris.. its very close to the metro stations and aswell to the Buses lines which makes the apartment to be accessible.
The price for the room:
400 EUR for monthly rent.. (all bills included).
650 EUR Security Deposit..( it will be refunded back to you on your move-out date).

Mode of payment will always be in cash but your first payment will be paid directly to my Family Lawyer for proper procedure.

If you wish To rent or secure the room, you will have to book for it as soon as possible. so that the room can be reserved for you or for your selected date. so you are to pay for a month rent fee(first month) and the security deposit as a first time renter in the room.

==========
She requested to send money to her family lawyer. I already reported these bank accounts and her email-address. And I got the person's contact info too.

Marie said, here's her family lawyer's contact info.
152 Aldersgate Street, London, EC1A 4HU
+44703 193 3769

This is Marie's tel number.
+33975184226

Fortunately, I noticed the person is a rental scammer from on this post. So, I didn't paid. Also, I made a fake website, which only she can access. I wanted to get her access data. She said she couldn't access, but it's a lie. There was no access data.....

I don't know the reason why, she stopped to email me.

I hope she/he will arrest.