Room for Rent and other rental scams
#24372 by Con Warner Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:15 pm
Sent: Wed 3/17/10 8:51 AM
To: *************

Thank you for the most eloquent response to my listing, I'm the owner of the apartment you are making inquiry of. Actually i resided in the apartment with my family, before and presently we had packed due to my transfer from my church where i work for and now situated in the (LONDON,UK) and presently my apartment is still available for rent and I'm not willing to sale my apartment anymore. It include the utilities like hydro, washer and security, I have my furniture in the store if you which to move in with your furnished items, no problem. Please i want you to note that I'm a kind and honest man and also i spent a lot on my property that i want to give you for rent, i will want you to take absolute care of my apartment and I want you to treat it as your own, money is not the most important thing but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up.HERE IS THE HOME ADDRESS:********** USA
PROPERTY FEATURES
Rental : $750
Heating features: Central, Electric Source
Smoking: Allowed
Lease terms: Short & Long term

RENTAL APPLICATION FORM
1)Your Full Name_________________________ ____________
2)Present Address(where you reside now) & Phone ________________________ _______
3)How old are you___________________________ __
4)Are you married _ _____________________________ _____
5)Occupation __ _________________________
6)Current rent payment ____ __________________________ ___________
7)Reason for moving out?_______ _________
8)How many people will be living in the apartment ____________ _________________
9)The rent fee available now __ ____________________________ ___________
10)How long are you willing to stay _______ ____________________-
11)When do you intend to move in ___
12)Do you have a pet _____________________________________
13)Do you smoke
Awaiting your reply soon. May you and your family continue to be blessed
Yours Sincerely.

This person asks for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union payment to a friend or family member.

Another angle that is used, is to ask for payment via Western Union and they will send the keys through a courier company.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement

#24497 by Con Warner Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:29 pm
And the "Acceptance" with the request for money via Western Union.
Please note; The property is real but belongs to an innocent third party.

Date: Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 9:12 AM
Subject: RE: ====================ACCEPTANCE============================
To: *******@gmail.com

Good to Read From You and I want you to know you are such a nice person that we need to rent our apartment for So i Want you to know that i am very happy & excited to read from you that you are ready to take very good care of my apartment so you are ready to move in now there is no problem and when ever you move in the rent start from there so now you will be making the first month ($950) So you will be making the payment to me via Western Union or money gram local store nearest to you. Below is the information where to send the money to.

Reciever's Name :Jennifer Rozon

Reciever's Address :16 acorn gardens, stirchley Birmingham, UK b30 2yw

Text Question : Who is our Saviour

Text Answer: Jesus Christ

When payment is being done from the Western Union you will be giving some information which you would have to get back to me below :

Sender's First Name :

Sender's Last Name :

Full Address :

10 Digit Money Transfer Control Number :

Amount Sent :($950) for the first month
Once payment is been confirmed i will commence on how to get the keys release with the DHL PACKAGE, Tracking Number and Arrival Time of the package of the keys ,so you can easily occupy the apartment immediately, once again i want you to stick to your word as you promise that the apartment will be clean and tidy up everyday. I will really appreciate it as soon as the payment is done so that i can commence on the delivery of the keys.
THNAKS AND GOD BLESS YOU.
REMAIN BLESSED.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com