Room for Rent and other rental scams
#24418 by Michelle Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:53 am
Date: Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 4:25 AM
Subject: Re: $800 / 3br - Single Family Home 3 Bedroom, 2 Bath at 1725 Shoshonee Trail (Casselberry, FL)
To: Michelle

Hello Dear,

Thanks for your email response. The home is still available for rent. The rent include ultilities like hydro,heat,laundry facilities, Air condition, Internet and phone line. And I also want you to know that it was due to my work transfer that made me and my wife to leave the home with an intention of giving it out for rent. I am looking for a responsible person that can take very good care of it as we are not after the money for the rent but want the property to be kept clean all the time as it is our hard-earned property. If you are honestly interested and will absolutely maintain my property (Taking care of it like yours) as i hope i can put my trust and confidence in you.I earlier wanted to sale the house but had a second thought to rather put it up for rent, because as a matter of fact l will be coming back home in the next 3years and would need a place to live in. Presently, We are here in West Africa doing the Lord's duty for humanity, for through our direct service to mankind, the blessings and promises of God will manifest today. The house vital informative documents and the entrance keys to the house are with us, we try to look for dependable agent to handle the rent but could not find one due to the limited time we had before leaving the country. Mostly we do not want our property to be given to any sort of person to avoid damages and troubles. I and my wife came over to West Africa for a missionary work, So I hope you will be a good tenant which we've been praying to get. you can go ahead and view at your earliest convinient time.

Here's the location to my Home: (FL 32707Street Address:1725 Shoshonee Trail)

Rent: $800.00

Deposit: $500.00

Pets are no problem.

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED, FILL THE RENT APPLICATION FORM BELOW.

INFORMATION BELOW IS NEEDED TO DELIVER THE KEYS AND DOCUMENTS
APPLICATION FORM

FIRST NAME: _________________
MIDDLE NAME: _______________
LAST NAME: __________________
PHONE (____) __________ (WORK)
PHONE (____) __________ (HOME)
ARE YOU MARRIED _________
KIDS _____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY ________
HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE LIVING______
PRESENT ADDRESS: ____________________
CITY: _______________
STATE: _____________
ZIP CODE: ___________
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN ________
HOW LONG ___________IF RENTING
DO YOU HAVE A PET ___________
Landing 22'1 "x 5'10" (6 .. 73m x 1.78m)
Reception room 17'0 "x 16'0" (5.18m x 4.88m)
Kitchen 13'0 "x 11'0" (3.96M x 3.35 m)
Bedroom 12'10 "x 10'5" (3 .. 91M x 3.18M)
Bathroom 6'10 "x 5'10" (2.08m x 1.78m)
WC 5'0 "x 2'10" (1,52 m x 0,86 m).

looking forward to hear from you so that we can start commence on how to get the keys and document sent to you.
Thanks And God BlessHello Dear

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement