Room for Rent and other rental scams
#24498 by Michelle Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:36 pm
Subject: Re: Reply to your ad: Recently Renovated Furnished 2BR Apt For Rent In Plymouth
To: Michelle
Date: Friday, 19 March, 2010, 17:41

Hello,

May the showers of blessing be with you, My name is Rev Kim the owner of the 2bedroom apartment and also want you to know that it was due to my transfer and also due to my wife's Sickness that made us to leave the apartment and also want to give it out for rent and looking for a responsible person that can take good care of the apartmentthat makes me my wife and Son to leave the house and also want to give it out for rent and looking for a responsible person that can take very good care of it as we are not after the money for the rent but want it to be clean at the time and the person that will rent it to take it as if it were its own. So for now, We are here in West Africa, Nigeria, , our new house and put all my worries off concerning the maintenance of the apartment for, since i am not residing there for now.I left behind some Facilities and electonics which include the rent, and a DVD player, air conditioning, alarm system. The kitchen is fully equipped with all necessary cooking utensils, arefrigerator-freezer, four-hob and oven, microwave,dishwasher and washing machine, My Computer Connected with Internet Acess Also the keys to the House are right here with me, and the lease document. Which i can send to you after all necessary agreement has be accepted. Also i will like you to know that the rent charges is not really the issue,Hope you are okay with the price of 350 Pounds with hydro,heat laundry facilities,air condition and so on,but your absolute maintenance of my apartment is most important thing so will want you to get back to me with the Application form below.

Here is the apartment address : 51 Prince Maurice Rd. Plymouth, PL4 7

Pls note that you will be viewing the apartment from outside and won't be able to inspect the Interior because the keys and the documents to the apartment are with me here in West Africa and It is located on a cool, quiet and safe neighbourhood.

=========== RENT APPLICATION FORM ============
PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL

Also,Pls answer these questions below:

1)Your Full Name_______________

2)Present Address(where you reside now) & Phone Number__________

3)How old are you ________________

4)Are you married __________________

5)How many people will be living in the apartment _______________

6)Do you have a pet _____________________

7)Do you have a car ______________________

8 )Occupation ____________________________

9)What is your religion _____________________

10)How long are you willing to stay ________________

11)When do you intend to move in _______________________

12)1 month Or 2 month deposit needed ____________________

13) Pictures of all the Occupant that will stay in my apartment

______________________________ ________
MORE DETAILS

The accomodation comprises; entrance hall/landing (21'1x5'10), reception room (17'0x16'0), kitchen breakfast room (13x11), bedroom 2 (12'10x10'5).

FURNISHED
PERIOD PROPERTY
SPACIOUS AND LIGHT
KITCHEN BREAKFAST ROOM
POPULAR AREA
GOOD TRANSPORT LINKS

Landing 22'1" x 5'10" ( 6.73m x 1.78m )
Reception room 17'0" x 16'0" ( 5.18m x 4.88m )
Kitchen 13'0" x 11'0" ( 3.96m x 3.35m )
Bathroom 6'10" x 5'10" ( 2.08m x 1.78m )
Guest WC 5'0" x 2'10" ( 1.52m x 0.86m )

One Mr John called me about the apartment,I told him that I can't give him the apartment because he loves smoking,drinking and dont want him to get drunked and damaged my property one day so If you are still interested, No extra fees. I personally will actually come visiting you sometimes during the year as our new tenant.Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file incase of issuing the receipt in your name and contacting you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the keys and the documents to you,please we are giving you all this based on trust and again i want you to stick to your words,We are putting everything into Gods hand,

Here are the recent pictures of the apartment Below:

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement