Room for Rent and other rental scams
#24830 by Michelle Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:12 pm
Date: Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 7:17 PM
Subject: Re: $800 / 3br - 3/2, 2 Car Garage, Living Room, Family Room, Dining Room, Eat in kitch (Orlando, FL)

To: Michelle

Hello Dear,
Sorry for the late response!!!!It is a great pleasure that you are interested in my house... Thanks for your email and it is my gladness hearing from you.i am Mr.Patrick Peters, the owner of the house you are making inquiry of.I am looking for responsible tenants that he/she is going to take care of the house as if it were your own and he/she will be willing to make the Property clean as we left it.Actually I resided in the house with my family,such as my Husband and only daughter before and presently we had packed due to my transfer from my working place and now situated in the ( Africa Continent) and won't be coming to the House until Five years now and that means we are renting the Property for long term and short term lease is also acceptable. and presently my house is still available for rent for $800 which the deposit is $600 dollars including the utilities like Heat, A/C in wall/window, Hydro, cable, Garbage Disposal, Fireplace , Fridge, stove, Dishwasher, Dryer, Breakfast Bar, Dining Table and Sofa Set,Refrigerator,Canopied deck overlooking nature.,internet access e.t.c .,it is furnished or if u wish to move in with your furniture no problem.Pls i want you to note that,i am a kind and honest man and also i spent a lot on my property that i want to give you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own,is that taken, it is not the money the main problem but want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up.i do that once in a while...I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word.

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENTAL APPLICATIONS FORMS BELOW.

<Snipped>

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file incase of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the key to you,please We are giving you all this base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words,you know that we do not see yet and only putting every thing into Gods hand,so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this.

PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS:
Description: 3/2, 2 Car Garage, Living Room, Family Room, Dining Room, Eat in kitchen,Split Plan, Security system, inside utility with washer/dryer hookup, community: Pool, Tennis, Basketball, Golf(offered at additional expense) Playground, One Small Pet Ok (under 30 lbs), built 1995/ 1634 sqftDirections: Lake Mary to I-4, Head east to 417 South, To Hwy 50 East (to the left), take to Alafaya Trail, turn right, take down to Lake Underhill Rd, go down to Woodbury Rd, turn right, turn left onto Falcon Ridge Dr, turn left onto Blue Jay Way, then left onto Quail Ct.

Bedrooms: 3

Bathrooms: 2 full, 0 partial

Parking: 2 dedicated

Square Footage: 1,634

Address: 13026 Quail Ct.Orlando, FL 32828

A month rent:$800

Deposit:$600

Application fee:$0

Pet policy:OK

Smoking inside:Not allowed

YOU CAN CONTACT ME ON +234-808-173-1094 OR 011-234-808-173-1094

Thanks and remain blessed

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement