Room for Rent and other rental scams
#24964 by Michelle Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:01 pm
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Subject: Re: Reply to your ad: Ideal, Family, Couple, Furnished Two Bedroom Affordable Flat in Guildford
To: Michelle

Good to read from you on your interest on my apartment, which i am leasing out for rent

The apartment is still very much available for rent. Just to give you a little low down about the apartment. My Late father resided in the apartment, whom i inherited the apartment from as being his only child. I am a British citizen by birth. I am residing in Spain, with my fiance whom i am about getting married to in less than three months from now. And also working at the Hospital Universitario La Paz here in Madrid .

The flat is up for a total of 600£ per month. Which i also think is fair enough considering the location. I just need someone with an open heart, love and clean to occupy the apartment and put all my worries off concerning the maintenance of the apartment for now.

The flat comprises of two bedroom. Excellent condition inside. Good sized lounge, with a sofa, DVD player, stereo, and washing machine. Can sleep a max of 4, and ideal for family and friends. The kitchen is fully equipped with all necessary cooking utensils.These are some of the measurement of the apartment.The living area is 14'3" X 19'10" and the kitchen area is 10'2" X 6'9". Bedroom 1 is 12'6" X 13'8" inc ensuite, bedroom 2 is 6'10" X 15'7". And there is a good sized bathroom

Just to let you know, the keys are right here with me. But there wouldn't be any problem with that. As it can be posted to you, after all necessary agreement has be reached and signed into lease. Also i will like you to know that the rent charges is not really an issue here , but your absolute maintenance of the apartment, because it is good to keep the property in good condition, just for the memories of my father. Who committed so much putting those facilities in place, so i wouldn't want an violation of my property if finally rented by you.

Flat E3, Trinity Gate, Epsom Rd, Guildford, Surrey GU1 3PW, United Kingdom. The building is an exclusive development in the heart of Guildford town centre offering underground secure gated parking. And please note, Monthly Rental is only inclusive of Water Supply, Town Gas, electricity and council tax. I would be settling the bills at my end. As you would be starting the lease with a clean slate, as there are no outstanding bills.

The minimum lease term is 2 months, and a maximum of 2 years with a possibility of extension.

You can contact me on my British no which i am using over here in Madrid.
+447035936524

Kind Regards,
Rosanna

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement